CairnTalk

adoption

GidgitTN

we just rescued a 1 year old snauzer that was going to be euthenized tomorrow so we went and got her from the shelter. she is very mild mannered. looks almost identicle in color to our cairn. they kinda snarled at each other at firtst but within moments was lickiking each others face. our rescued pup has been abused we think by men she is afraid of my husband but will snuggle up to me and let me love on her.she is doing her business outside but she still seems scared to be in a home with a loving family and all the food and water she wants. does anyone have any idea how long it takes a shelter adopted pup to adjust to a home where she can rule the roost?

Hi! I think each dog has their own timetable as far as comfort level is concerned - - - with a lot of love and patience she will come around. We once had an abused pup that we adopted from the Humane Society - - she was so timid and scared - - it was torture to watch her - - but after a week or so she started to relax and feel secure with us. It will take some time - - - - - good luck!!!

Congratulations!! We have had several rescue/abandoned dogs in our lives - Carcardown is correct - each dog has her own timetable - but when they do become comfortable - you will never find a dog so loyal!!! There is a special bond that occurs with a rescued/abandoned dog! You'll see soon enough! :D

Guest Grumpy

We adopted Georgie Fuzzbutt from the shelter about 4 weeks ago now. For the first few days she was really flighty, but has gradually settled down, and now owns both the house and everyone in it. Over the last few days she has even started barking if there are stangers near "her" property. But if we take her with us when we visit friends, she goes back to being all timid and jumpy......we think her previous owners may have played a few rounds of pinata with her :mad:

Archived