CairnTalk

lynn72

lynn72

I am new to terrier's. We were looking for a smaller size dog and found two lovely little boys who get along great together.

Max is the one I got first from a local pound he had been adopted twice and managed to escape both homes and the owners did not want him back. He was 9 months old when I got him and partially blind in one eye, which the vet believes is from a head trauma (more specifically abuse). He is from what the vet thinks a Cairn and Jack Russell mix. Any thoughts? He is a busy boy and seemed to really need a friend so two weeks later we went to a local adoption clinic and found Toby.

Toby is a pure Cairn Terrier that was given up by an own who didn't have enough time for him. Toby was almost 2 years old when we got him. He and Max get along great, although Toby is shorter he is the ruler and tends to keep Max in line and Max doesn't mind. Toby enjoys his quiet time though and at times he will go lay in his create for a nap, then get up again and want to play. Out in the yard the boys never stop running even play what looks like hide and seek. I installed an electric underground fence inside my regular fence for their safety seeing we live in the city I didn't want to take any chances.

I am so happy that we found these two.

post-3855-1229189742_thumb.jpg

Toby and Max are very cute, I think you vet is right about max, if not jack russel maybe boder terrier, i think they get that tall. Good idea getting two, sot hey can tirer each other out. Thanks for being a Cairn adoption mom. My next cairn will be an adoption, but that won't be for a while.

"DOUBLE CAIRNGRATULATIONS !!!!" on getting 2 Cairns, and welcome to the Forum. Kudos to you for adopting not 1, but 2 homeless boys! You are truly an angel. I know these 2 boys will repay your kindness with lots of love & enjoyment, for years & years to come. How awful that someone would abuse a puppy to the extent that it would cause blindess in his eye. Luckily, Max will get along just fine with one eye, I know because I've been blind in my left eye since birth (68 yrs). The fact that you went to the expense of an electric fence proves that you are a caring owner, and will be a great mom for these 2 furbabies. Thank You!! :hug:

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Archived