CairnTalk

Corey in Heaven

dogeatdog

I lost my beloved Corey last month 11.07.08. She was almost 15. She was in renal failure and we were getting the progression under control when she had a stroke and lost the use of her back legs. It was game over then. I had to make the decision to set her free. I held her as she drew her last breath. I miss her terribly. I love her with all my heart. She was always my baby. Now, she's my angel. My sweet little Corey. My heart goes out to anyone who has ever lost a beloved cairn. They are the greatest little dogs. Four days after she went to heaven I got my first tattoo. The artist nailed it. Now, Corey is forever on my shoulder. I love it!

post-3847-1228862284_thumb.jpg

post-3847-1228862864_thumb.jpg

I am so sorry and sad for your loss, I know your heartace and pain that you feel. I lost my Yorkie, Pooche after being my constant companion for 15 years, that was over a year ago and when I read about your loss the heartache returned, then I smiled at his memory and the fact that I have a Cairn, Skipper that has a lot of his charactoristics, and travels the same paths. i have a place set aside for a memorial for Pooche as well as in my heart

I like the tatto, did nail the likeness for sure. so once again I feel for your loss of Corey

I am so sorry you lost your sweet Corey. We have gone through the pain of losing a beloved pet after many years too, so I can understand your heartbreak. After our Brittany Spaniel, Lady, died at age 16, we were without a dog for about a year before we were ready to consider getting another. We were so lucky that we finally decided to get a Cairn, a breed that we knew nothing about before. Now we have Bailey & Sophie, who are the greatest dogs we have ever had, our lives would be so empty without them. Corey will be forever in your heart, and memories of her will come to you when you least expect. She is now pain-free and able to run & play with all the others who have crossed the Bridge, and you will see her again some day. Your tattoo is beautiful, just like Corey.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

sheila and Misty

oh...how sad -but you did the right thing. and altho the tatoo is terrific-corey is already tatood permantly in your heart.

I believe we will all meet our babies someday-Im starting to have quite a crowd over the years waiting for me.

I hope after your heart heals a bit you have many more babies and many good memories that they have given you and will in your future...I thought I could never never love another one like I did..but I was wrong I didnt replace any of mine I just added more love to our group. I thought it would be awhile before I could even get another-I was wrong again. nothing like a puppy to take your mind off of sorrow .Theres always a special place in your heart for people and pets that you love and for some reason-there is always room for one more. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had to make that decision for our beloved Holdsworth (Cairn)

at age 17, and for Shadow (Cairn) at age 15. Shadow had diabetes and started having

neurological problems that were unmanageable. In the past 5 years we have had to make

the decision for 3 cat children. Arcadia and Lambert were old and sick. Naia was

a recent loss; at only 8 she had an aggressive cancer and quality of life was diminishing

rapidly.

Sometimes unexpected and cheerful things happen on the heels of such pain.

As an example, when we were having a 9/11 remembrance ceremony outside our

work facility someone pointed out this cute little orange tabby that had adopted our

campus and was being regularly fed by the guards. It took 2 weeks to trap him,

(he's very smart), but upon trapping him and having routine a medical workup he

has turned out to be a wonderful family addition. I captured him in Naia's honor.

Here Simba is in front of the fireplace.

post-1195-1228912297_thumb.jpg

Take care and accept a big hug from my family on your loss of your beloved Corey.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sweet Corey will live with you in your heart forever. I love the tatoo! They did a great job.

I lost my Cairn of 17 wonderful years November of 2008. It was a very hard experiance for me and had to learn how to cope without her.

That was hard, but, I got threw it. I now have Kramer who is a Cairn, 4 years old and is my boy! I adore him.

I hope in the future you can think of getting another Cairn. Take care and remember time heals. Corey will always be your forever angel

Godspeed Corie you have earned your golden wings.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Sorry, my Missy passed away November 9th 2004, not 2008. She has been gone 4 years now.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived