CairnTalk

Running with my Cairn

runnerxc

Hey all, new to the forum and wanted to come here for some advice...

I'm an avid runner who is training again to get back into shape. I've been taking my Cairn with me 1-2 days a week on my shorter runs and he really seems to love it. He has learned to pace himself and run beside me rather then pull me for the 1st mile. Yesterday, we did 4 miles and he was fine afterward...jumped up into the car and stuck his head out of the window while we drove home. I checked his heart rate when we were done and it wasn't too fast at all, although I still have to figure out what his normal heart rate is.

To make a long story short, anyone have experience with running with their Cairns? I just wanted to find out how long I could go with him and not hurt him. He really seems to do well and loves it but I don't want him to get an injury because of it. I'll be up to double digit runs most days in about a month and wanted to know if taking him on a 10 mile run would be harmful to him....of course I would build him up to that point, not just make him go 10 miles.

Thanks for your help.

Archived