CairnTalk

Hating the Blimp

Guest Christina

Guest Christina

Harley, my eight year old male cairn, has hated the blimp since he was a puppy. I live in California by the coast where the Goodyear Blimp passes quite regularly - he can hear the blimp before I can and starts growling and barking while looking up in the air - suddenly the blimp will appear and he goes nuts!! He can even spot it when he is riding in the car before I can ever see it and starts going nuts. Has anyone else had this happen?

When we first got our puppy (now 8 years) we lived on the 14th floor of an apt. building. Ghillie started to carry on and we couldn't figure out what he was fussing about until we heard a loud huffing noise and a hot ait balloon was going by right at the level of our balcony. He still doesn't like them.

And I thought I had the ONLY nutso dog that hates hot-air balloons :lol: !

Every year around the 4th of July, our town has a balloon festival! Hundreds fly over our house for several days! That, in addition to the fireworks (not to mention the previously discussed thunderstorms)....sigh....well, you get the picture!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Archived