CairnTalk

She's here!

CallisMom

:lol: Hooray! The breeder called this week and we were able to pick Calli up today instead of next week! (Her name was Kalli with a K but we changed it as it looked better with our last name that begins with a C). She is a rescue - a friend of my father-in-law is a Cairn breeder and a CTCA Rescue contact. Poor little gal was from a puppy farm - purchased at a pet store and within ONE week was brought to the humane society (without, of course, her puppyfarm/pet store paperwork). The breeder said she thinks that Calli was born two weeks after what is written as her birthdate - to get her into the state without her mom - making her about 14 weeks now! Therefore she was neutered quite young at the Humane Society. She had a hernia from possibly the spaying and was scheduled for surgery on Tuesday but it corrected itself and we were able to pick her up today! She isn't able to wear a collar - she needs a harness as she has a trachea problem that needs to heal. I can't help but wonder if her first owners pulled her collar too tight out of frustration. Just a theory.

She is ADORABLE!! We are all in love! :wub: How could I have ever been thinking about another breed? She scratches the door when she wants to go out. I wonder if she picked this up at the breeders with all of her dogs? She did have a couple of accidents - but I must admit that both times she had gone to the door but both my husband and I were too slow to respond. We have heard her bark only once when my husband came back from errands - boy does she love him!) And I am proud to say she has started digging her first hole with great enthusiasm! She will fit in quite well with the children who also like digging holes! And does she ever love to play with all the toys we got her! I give the wonderful breeder credit - Calli doesn't bite! (She was nipping a little two weeks ago when I went to see her - but no more). She sits to have her leash attached, waits until WE are out the door and call her before she comes out . . . I can't stand it! She is the cutest!

Oh yes - and we picked up some advantix today - pulled a huge engored adult female deer tick off of my 4 year-old's head this morning - (I'm talking as big as an engored dog tick-the biggest deer tick I have ever seen and I have probably pulled off hundreds from the kids and myself). Not a half an hour after appyling it and we pulled a large adult female deer tick from Calli's tummy! Hope the advantix kicks in pretty soon!

Being prepared came in handy - we gave her a nice combing this evening, she had a plethera of toys of all kinds to enjoy - and she just loves having her little snoozy mat on the floor to rest and play with ther toys. She learned very quickly that it was HER mat! (Even though she sleeps in her crate).

Anyway - We are all so excited and in such love with the cutest little gal ever! I'm sure I will have many questions as we go along. Her perfect behavior can't last forever! (Although here's hoping it will :whistle: )

Sounds Great!!

We got Molly when she was 14 weeks and a lot of what you say reminds me of her (except Molly still likes Biting ;) )

You'll just love her!

HI! Wishing you the best with Calli!!!! If she turns out to be anything like Riley - - who is a little over a year old - - you are one lucky family!!!! These lil dogs are so adorable and loveable!!!!!

You've just changed you life forever. The precious little dog that you now own is

going to be your best little pal you've ever had. Just to give you some advise, when she starts to dash a round the house like crazy, pick your feet off the floor and enjoy the entertainment. These dogs are the most fun, you'll enjoy their little

character traits and antics as well.

Please let us know how Calli is doing. We're here for you if you need advise.

We have had Nicky now for almost two years-not quite but almost. He is so sweet, and yet, so quirky. Like I baked him some turkey bacon, and it was a little to crisp so he would not eat it. I mostly cook for him. And he is so pampered, but he is so cute I just cannot hardly help myself. He gets loving and will come and lay his head on my lap and just lay there. And my heart melts. Yet, he is most of the time a living little dynamo. Yeah, these little Cairns are worth all of the baby hood struggles they put us through. Good luck with your little girl!!

How exciting!!! I just loved bringing home a new puppy. What color is Cali? She does sound like alot of fun...enjoy her!

Archived