CairnTalk

Note from CKC Re: Breed Standard Change

spa

"Note from CKC Re: Breed Standard Change

We are presenting the proposed breed standard change at the March 2004 Board meeting. The March Board meeting is scheduled at the end of March. The deadline for the June Official Section is April 8, 2004, which means it will not able [sic] to make it until the July issue wherein the deadline is May 10, 2004. By the time we are up and running online it will be June 1, 2004, with a deadline date July 31, 2004, which needs to be sent to the Breed Standards Committee. Depending on the comments received will [sic] the Breed Standards Committee make a decision. Should everything go well and there are no questionable comments the proposal can be presented back to the Board at their December 2004 meeting with an effective date of January 1, 2006.

In addition, revision to the breed standards are normally ready for distribution by October of every year with an effective date of the following year. For example, all our breed standards that receive formal approval at this March Board meeting will have an effective date of January 2005. As soon as the proposal is approved by the Board in March, it is prepared for Revision #10 (lots of proofreading before it goes to our printers to ensure that it is printed and ready for distribution this October (2004) because it is effective January 2005.

I hope I was able to explain to you the whole procedure why [sic] we had to put January 2006 as an effective date for your proposal. Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yvette Kanji

Administrative Assistant

Dear Forum:

I do not know the procedural steps, taken and required, to complete the CKC Cairn Breed Standard Change discussed above. Evidently, the CTCC presented a proposal to the CKC Board in March of 2004. Further, it is hypothetically possible that "the proposal can be presented back to the Board at their December 2004 meeting with an effective date of January 1, 2006".

On this basis, it appears that comments on the proposal will be solicited in the near future. Does anyone know the details?

Sincerely,

Sean

The Canadian Kennel Club

89 Skyway Avenue, Suite 100

Etobicoke, Ontario

M9W 6R4

Canada

Attn: Canadian Kennel Club Breed Standards Committee

Chair: Geraldine Taylor

E-mail Unknown

Manager: Elio Furlan

efurlan@ckc.ca