CairnTalk

Oh No Mommy Groomed Us!

Tracy A.

Well the title says all!

Last weekend I spent about 1 1/2 hours grooming each dog. Poor Boys. Normally I at least take them to my groomer and let her do the heads and the tails... but with the price of gas I decided that I give a whirl doing them completely at home.

I took my grooming table outside and put it in the shade on the driveway. I had never groommed outside before and I don't know why I haven't done it sooner! It gave the boys something to look at and kept the hair out of the house! Since I was alone I don't have any pictures on the table...they boys will try to jump off given any chance! and yes I do have the grooming noose that has a clip lock for the neck on it....

So here is Bratt First, This is his Before picture

post-995-1217630270_thumb.jpg

On Bratt, I only managed to completely strip him from the shoulder blades back.... So this weekend I am going to finish him...shoulders forward!

Bratt After Bratts After Rear- I think I did it too short...he looks a bit funny

post-995-1217630238_thumb.jpg post-995-1217630252_thumb.jpg

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Next was Mettwurst....

Metty has a very blousy coat and more undercoat than a Cat! Mett I was able to completely finish... I did notice that I need to trim the belly hair...this I cannot hand strip..... so i'll finish it this weekend.

Mett Before

post-995-1217630634_thumb.jpg

Mett body afterward-- This is Mett's rear, It looks better than Bratts... I left more hair on him.

post-995-1217630645_thumb.jpg -- post-995-1217630655_thumb.jpg

So what is the proper angle to groom the rear at? to what part of the hine leg?

You did a fine job....want to do my two?

I find the "back end" to be the most difficult to groom and will admit that I take sissors to their sensitive areas in order to keep the peace.

So what time should I drop Dori and Ellie Mae off? I brushed them tonight, you'd thought I was using barbed wire to do it. Sissys. :ermm:

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

sheila and Misty

were signing Misty up too! boy are you going to be busy! just kidding they look great!

You did a fine job....want to do my two?

I find the "back end" to be the most difficult to groom and will admit that I take sissors to their sensitive areas in order to keep the peace.

You know, I pretty much did hand strip the rear to blend into the leg... towards the bottom I did use sissors...I also sissors the the bottom of the leg anyway... but the actual upper part of the rear leg I handstrip... I've also realzed that I have to blend down from the back to the butt on either side of the tail... If I don't then it looks like a hump of hair on either side of the tail.

So what time should I drop Dori and Ellie Mae off? I brushed them tonight, you'd thought I was using barbed wire to do it. Sissys. :ermm:

You know the boys are the same way... but something changes when you have them up on a grooming table... it's like they know they can't get away and no sense in fussing....

were signing Misty up too! boy are you going to be busy! just kidding they look great!

Well, your in PA it would be a long drive to Ohio!

They look great

I think I must have the same brush as Terry, barb wire one!!!

I keep telling Napoleon the neighbors are going to calll the ASPCA on us.

Archived