CairnTalk

Self Stripping

Stephandy

HI,

My wife and I would like to strip our Pepper. He is 5 months old right now. I got the book here na dsome other publication from Cairnrescue, but it is stil a little confusing because our puppy is still that, a puppy. Do i just pull out the loose hair (with fingers and stripping combs?) What shoudl i watch out for? how can i tell if i am doing it right or wrong? I am not really messing with his face right now because i dont really know exactly what we are doing yet. I started to pull hair out all over his body tho. ANy comments and suggestions would help. Oh yeah, he is a pet, we will not show him or anything, but we just want a "cairn looking" cairn.

ALso, our local Petsmart's groomer said that he can strip him for us, but it will cost a lot of money because it is time consuming. If I am to go that route, when should i let him do it? what would maximize my grooming dollar? He also said that he can do a light clipping and thinning to make him look like a cairn if we are not showing him. He did it for a local breader here in Houston before (he is on the list here) Because a reputable breeder can let him do that, can i consider that??

So many question, really, any comments and suggestion will help.

THanks

Andy

Archived