CairnTalk

aggressive on leash

Guest lynda joseph

Guest lynda joseph

Henry is loveable, friendly non-aggressive cairn :D . Loves to play with other dogs. He goes to doggy day-care and dogs parks frequently. However, when he approaches other dogs on-leash, he shows lots of aggression. People think he is going to fight their dogs :devil: . Please advise, he's really a sweet heart :wub: .

Henry's lovin family

Murphy is the same way. I've learned that if you asked the other dogs owner if they want the dogs to meet first, they will say yes or no. But all the dogs want do is say hi. They'll sniff each other then usually Murphy goes into his stealth (play)

position then does his running in circles routine.

He doesn't like Chow Chows or Huskies for some reason. His best friend, my

brother in laws Great Pyrenees named Yukon and a Great Dane named Stan.

He plays great with Yukon but Stanley just stands there and looks at Murphy jumping up to try to say hi.

Rebel loves all dogs but walking on leash when he sees a dog he will get into a crouch position and wait for the other dog, he wants to play and if the owner of the other dog goes on past he will bark. I am trying to pick up my pace when I see other pups and when we past he doesn't have time to crouch.

The only breed he doesn't like are boxers. It's really strange.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Hi! Riley is just the opposite - - when he is being walked and sees other dogs - - he runs back home!!!! He has been socialized with numerous canines so I don't understand this behavior. Any barking dog sends him into a frenzy!!!!!

Archived