CairnTalk

Grooming gone bad....

shadows_mom

Help... I just picked up our little boy from the groomers and the lady cut his hair like a schnouser. (He doesn't seem to mind the least bit) My question is what do I do now? I am afraid I have messed his hair up for good. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I think yours is the second "schnauzered" pup in a month. I think someone said to the "mom" of the first- not to worry- hair grows back.

We recently got "schnauzered" during a trip to the groomer actually it was my wife that made the post Abe's coat is coming back but We can't tell yet what it is going to look like. We were very disappointed to say the least . We took it as a valuable lesson learned and have decided when his coat does come back we will do it ourself next time.

I know the more I think about it the more I realize hair does grow back. This was Shadow's first grooming trip since he will only be a year old next month. To me his head looks good, but the rest of him does. What I am wondering about is if I should cut the long hairs (on his lower sides, belly and legs) shorter to maybe blend in better or should I just leave it be.... what did you do about Abe's cut? I just feel like I need to do something. One thing I do have to say is that he doesn't seem to mind one bit how funny he looks, he still thinks he is the best looking dog out there. You gotta love this breed.

Guest posting as: Abe's Dad

When Abe got his shave they did his head and face right . THey left his tail a little on the long side but tollerable . but the rest of the body was cut almost to the skin his hair might have been 1/8" on all of his body. So we are just letting him grow back out and researching the stripping proceedure and the Mars stripping tools which I think is the way we will go next time . His hair is coming back and we can see some of the outer coat starting to sprout . If it were me I would go ahead and even the cut up it just seems to me that it will make it easier to deal with the next time with it all at the same length.

they did that to Ginger at the groomers too, she is just now beginning to look like a cairn again! we bathe her about once a week now and keep her eyes clrear but no more snsuzer cuts for our little girl

GG

Archived