CairnTalk

The Cairn and deep snow

texasx96

Every time I go skiing I wish I had Jake with me. It seems like ( even though it would be over his head in a lot of places) he would have a blast plowing through the snow. Anyone ever have that opportunity? How did the big fella react?

Guest Guest

We live in Wisconsin. lots of snow. Our Cadbury does not seem to be affected by the snow, just plows through it, eats it and comes in a mess. I think every dog would be different.

We had Murphy in the snow the very first day we got him, February 2002.

I put him down in about 4 inches of snow and he rolled around in it and did his

best imitation of a snow plow: he put his head in the snow and butt in the air and ran for about 5 feet. He had me in the snow laughing. Now he still does the snow plow thing but he also loves to dive into it. He thinks he's a canonball. After about 15 minutes though he's ready to come in, that's when we call him snowball. He gets so many little snowballs in his fur that I have to pick them off one by one.

Sometimes he takes off on me before I can start removing them so I just let him

go and they melt off. After he feels he's had enough fun trying to get the snowballs off his fur he comes over to me and expects to help him, which I do.

Then I brush him out and dry him off. He loves the snow it's just a pain when he

comes in. PS- He also sleeps for about 4 hours after he comes in.

He's a pal. Thanks.

Archived