CairnTalk

agirlnamedrita

agirlnamedrita

I was told he was a Cairn Terrier....but they picked him up as a stray...below is a pic of him....Were they right?

OSCAR.jpg

He sure is a Cairn Terror! He needs a little grooming work, but he looks like a cute little guy. Probably a vet visit will be needed to answer some of the questions regarding Oscar's apparent health and age. If he doesn't have any serious health or aggression issues, it looks like you got yourself a great dog, and you did a wonderful thing by getting him from a shelter. Was he already neutered by the previous owner or the shelter? Good luck to you and Oscar.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Well he wasn't neutered there...I have to have him neutered within 30 days....They are assuming he is about 3 years old...but i think he may be younger....his teeth are real clean and no build up...Are thier ears usually like that?....they look to me like they have been cropped...they stand striaght up in a little point when he gets excited....and his tail has been docked....I had been looking for a house dog for a while and been cruising the shelter website for months but nothing caught my eye till this little guy....as soon as i saw his picture I called the shelter....he became availble for adoption the next day....I was there right as they opened the doors....no way was I gonna let someone else beat me to him....lol...He is such a wonderful dog...Loves to play and cuddle....and doesn't bark....only time he get vocal is when you are talking "doggy" talk to him....and he will howl back at you....lol....It seems as if he had been abused though ...he was very skiddish at first and would not eat in front of you....lik he felt he had to sneak and eat....and if yuo put him on the bed or sofa he cowers a little and jumps down....but he is getting out of that slowly...he can jump on the bed or sofa any time he wants too....I just like loving on him....he will sit when told...give a paw...and LOVES a ball...I got him a squeeky one...lol....I just love this dog to death....The name Oscar came about by my BF....he said if he was green he would look a little like Oscar the Groutch....lol

Nothing on a Cairn is cropped - they do (or are supposed to) have relatively small pricked ears. They are very expressive though and will wiggle them from time to time and fold them back against their head when being submissive.

Sounds like Oscar has found a great home. Cheers to you both.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Wow - congrats! You will absolutely love him & I can tell you already do. What a DOLL! Have fun.

Brad's right - the ears are normal, not cropped; I'm crying over that docked tail tho - why would anyone ever do that to a Cairn? Just so wrong; he's been through a lot. I bet it'll be just part of his personality tho - what a cutie pie.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

yeah he wags his little stump of a tail like crazy....I need to see about getting him groomed though...there are a lot of knots on his belly...the rest isn't too bad though....just a little on the wild side...lol...imma make a video of hiom and my daughter howling at each other and put it on you tube...it cracked me up the first time i saw em to it

I heard puppy mills are trying to pass cairns as norwich terriers by cropping the ears and docking tails. That might be the reason your little guy, looks like that. Welcome to the cairn club, you will have lots of support, so you can give your little guy the best care and love possible.

Archived