CairnTalk

To Smokey With Love

cairns&cats

We lost Smokey to cancer Monday, April 28 at 3:45 pm. Smokey came to us by chance and stayed to enrich our hearts. He was a gentle, happy boy who loved everyone and only wanted a little love in return. It wasn't hard to give that, in fact it would have been impossible not to love him. We feel like we have lost a friend, a child and a companion who supported us through many tough times. He knew instinctively if you felt badly and would stay with you until you started to feel better. Anyone who looked at that sweet, smiling face instantly fell in love.

Smokey, we will miss you. Your fur brothers and sister will miss you. Everyone who knew you will miss you. Be at peace baby.

We are so sorry for your loss. I sure he had a good life with you. He sounds just like our Ozzy we lost last September. Part of what makes losing these little guys so hard is that you do get so close to them. We have had other dogs but the Cairns are just so.......emotional I guess is how I would describe them. They really do read your moods more than most dogs. Their moods really show on their little faces.

I'm so very sorry to hear Smokey passed away on Monday. I have no words to help the pain. Know I'm thinking of you.

I lost my Missy 3 years ago, it was the hardiest thing in life I went threw. Today, I miss her as much as the day I lost her to liver failure. My heart is still heavy but I hold her close to my heart. That will never be taken from me.

My condolences to you and your's

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Oh I'm so sorry. I've been crying with you today. I'm glad he didn't suffer long, and I hope soon the happy memories will bring a smile instead of tears.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Just remember, you will meet again! Remember the "Bridge" he will be waiting! I lost my Bo almost 3 years ago..I thought I was going to die..then came Tucker and I thought "what did I do because I will have to go thru this all over again someday" but it is well worth it - I love this little guy more than he will ever know! Take care, hang in there and give your other pups an extra squeeze!

av-2164.jpg

I personally think that when God made cairns, he should have made them to last 100 years. So sorry you lost Smokey. He sounds like he was a perfect little dog.

all my sympathy. these are terrible situations, but also inevitable. smokey had a great life with you, and was as lucky to have you as you were to have him. you'll see him again.

So sorry for your loss, peace to you and your family. Sure is easy to see how much you love Smokey.

Our prayers are with you in this quite time. Get the pics out and look at all the good times...that seemed to help me when I have to put my first cairn asleep, best friends forever. Prayers are all around your family.

Archived