CairnTalk

Protecting your car

Dan

:( We just bought a nice, new car. Problem is, is that it has leather seats. Our Cadbury loves, loves. loves to ride along with us and he is pretty active looking out the windows. On our first trip he scratched the leather seats and the plastic sides. I can put him in the back of the SUV, off the leather seats, but he still scratches the sides, which are hard plastic. Does anyone know of a protective film or other way to protect the car. Cadbury has been depressed for a week now.

ArmourAll has wipes for leather that worked especially well for me when Madison had a huge accident in the back seat of our car. It covered the scratches, cleaned the seats and it seems to be protective from the mishaps I know we'll have in the future.

:devil:

With all due respects, I would be more concerned about Cadbury than your car.

One sure way to protect your car, get a kennel for both the car and Cadbury.

You probably got the name from the candy bar? If you put your Cadbury in the

kennel you won't have to worry about him/her MELTING :wub: on the seat. (if you catch my drift.)

Cadbury is protected and so is your car. :D

You can replace your car but you can't replace Cadbury. :halo:

Rob D., you are correct. We do have a kennel in the back now, but he hates it. We also have a seat belt and he hates that more. I guess we will just have to rob him of the pleasure he has become accustomed to.

Dear Dan, with all due respect 2, it seems your dog is the boss in this situation. You say, he does not like this, he hates that, he is depressed now ....

Well, it sounds you are talking about a human being. It is a dog, plus he is a terrier! He needs to be trained consequently. You are supposed to be the BOSS, the leader of the pack, show him! I've never allowed my terriers to jump around in the car (and elsewhere) they are situated on the back seat. Try to teach your dog the commands 'sit/down' and 'stay' with the help of a good (!) dog trainer who is working with modern methods, i.e. NO metal collars or even electrical collars :shock: Positive enforcement is the trick ... and sometimes a little hard word should do it.

Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my mother tongue ...

Jutta w/Gringo and Jessie

Guest Guest

So sorry everyone, We got in a bad habit, but he truely loved to go for rides in the car. We have used the crate in the back of the SUV, but now he just runs around the car and won't let us put him in (after only three trips). So he stays home. Maybe in time he will adjust.

Since we had Murphy kennel trained by three months he just assumed that's where he's to go in the car. To my astonishment the first time he got in the car by himself he jumped up onto the back seat, he looked at me and I said "Get in your

kennel". He walked right in and laid down. I turned the kennel so he could watch

out the front window. Lately if he thinks he knows where we're going he'll stick his nose in the grid and blow his nose. The first time he did that my wife and I laughed so hard I had to pull over and stop. Now he is starting to lick the grid to prove to us he likes a clean kennel I guess. (It is actually quite funny)

:lol::D:P:thumbsup::halo:

Guest Guest

You were obviously smart to start young. Cadbury was kennel trained in the house when he was a pup, but when we moved to a new house three years ago he won't have anything to do with the kennel, which isn't really a problem in the house. Our cairn also snorts when he is irritated, like when he is trying to nap and we disturb him (like he runs the house). He sneezes when he wants a treat. Sometimes I think he is going to blow his brains out. :confused:

Take care, Dan

Archived