CairnTalk

Heaven's gotten a whole lot brighter

ParNone

My Cairn Terrier, McMurphy passed away in the middle of the night, Feb 24th, 2008.

My Collie, Oz woke me up to let me know there was a problem with MooBoo and I got there just in time to say Goodbye to him. Oz was there next to us in the last moments, nudging his best buddy in concern.

My other Collie, Gulliver stayed sleeping on the bed, until MooBoo took his last breath. At that exact moment though, he came to the edge of the bed and started barking in our direction. Knowing the Murph Dog's sense of humor towards Gull, I can only imagine what his parting shot was to Gull as he headed on up to Heaven.

I doubt I'll ever be blessed to have another dog, that loved life as much as Murpher. His tail was always in motion, bringing sunshine into our house everyday. I've no doubt, he spent an exorbitant amount of time laughing to himself, as he turned his quirky sense of humor towards me, Maddie (my other RB Cairn), Oz and Gull.

After Maddie went blind, he'd do lil' things to rile her up, like wave his rear end in her face. Then when she'd get mad enough to go after him, with intent to yank out some of his Cairny hair, he'd hide behind a bush from her, with his tail wagging a mile a minute and big ole' grin on his face.

If I put down 3 toys for each dog, it wouldn't take long before he'd claim all 3 for himself. Apparently 2 Collies frantically barking at him, that "They were telling Mom", held no weight with him.

I always kept a towel down next to the bed, for the Collies to use to jump down off the bed, so that they wouldn't slide around on the wood floor. Mooie had a nice cushy bed, but invariably, he'd park himself down on that towel, preventing the Collies from getting off the bed. He again, would turn a deaf ear to their barking and whining for him to move, so they could get down. All the while, a twinkle in his eye and grin on his face.

If I called him for bedtime, he could be right outside the bedroom door, but he'd make a huge, unnecessary circle around the whole house, with me following close behind, hollerin' "MooBoo, I'm not gonna chase you around this house", before he'd make it back around to his original starting point and enter the bedroom. This same scenario occured outside too. I'm sure the neighbors got quite a chuckle at hearing me say everyday, "MooBoo, I'm not gonna chase you around this backyard".

When I called him to come inside the house, he wouldn't come in until I opened and closed the door 3 times. I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind that one.

If I asked him to Come, he Stayed. If I asked him to Stay, he Came. If I asked him to Sit, he remained Standing. If I asked him to catch a frisbee, he ducked. If I asked him to weave through some poles, he ran beside'em. He had a set of rules in his head, that were uniquely his and I'm gonna miss those things most about him.

A couple of weeks before he died, I put out a Flamingo stuffie that was fairly big. Murpher had slowed down a bunch at this age, but when Gull came whizzing by him with the toy, Mooie launched himself at Gull with all he had and managed to grab hold of an end as it flew past him. Gull kept running... MooBoo kept holding... being drug, sliding across the floor. When it was all said and done though, MooBoo had possession of the toy. I wish I'd gotten that on video. :( But I was able to put together a lil' tribute of what I did have as far as video and pictures. Hopefully, I captured what life was like living with the Murph Dog. I know for sure, Heaven got a whole lot brighter.

Love you, MooBoo... I hope you remembered to wait to pee on the Pearly Gates, after God let you in. :)

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

That was just wonderful. Thank you, & God Bless MooBoo.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

MooBoo is adorable. It looks as if he did have the time of his life. I know what you are going through, I lost my Sandy last February. It's been a year and I still miss him. MooBoo and Sandy and all the other cairns that have passed are over the Rainbow Bridge together.

Thank you for sharing MooBoo with us. You created a wonderful memorial. God will love having MooBoo with him.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

That really was a beautiful video, it brought tears to my eyes but at the same time gave me a chuckle. MooBoo definitely had a great life while he was here, he was obviously very loved and he will be missed. Thank you for sharing that, it makes you realize what joy these little dogs bring to our lives.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Thank you so much for letting us see the beautiful memorial for MooBoo. My condolences to you. I know the pain and empty feeling. I lost my precious Missy in November of 2004 she was 17 years old. I miss her everyday and think of her daily. She will remain in my heart forever. MooBoo seems like he really has had the time of his life!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I sat there laughing and crying at the same time. You captured your little one so wonderfully. What a mischievous and grand little guy. I couldn't do this wonderful memorial that you did, but it made me think of my own Rainbow Bridge dogs and enjoy some wonderful memories of them.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Pam

Oh Parnone- I think I figured this out:

"When I called him to come inside the house, he wouldn't come in until I opened and closed the door 3 times. I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind that one."

Remember how Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz had to tap her heels 3 times to go home? I think your door was MooBoo's 'magic slippers' & he was just following his own set of rules.

Bless you, and thank you again for that tribute. MooBoo was a lucky dog & I'm sure is marking the whole way to Heaven for you so you'll be able to find him again.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Thanks everybody for your words about Murpher. He is greatly missed. This is the first time in 18 yrs that I've been Cairnless. The house is just not the same without his terrier grin and tail wag. There just really isn't a happier breed imo. Someday I'm sure I'll have another Cairny in my life.

And thanks nancy rink for the 3 door slam explanation. I just knew there had to be a method to his madness. :)

Par...

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

just saw this and am very moved. mcmurphy was so very lucky to have you. you did brilliantly from beginning to end, no more can be asked or achieved.

ParNone,

I am so sorry for you loss, McMurphy sounds like he had a perfect life with you! Thank you for sharing a bit of it with us.

Peace to you and yours, and I am sure McMurphy isn't near the pearly gates, he's still at the rainbow bridge - waiting on you!

sheila and Misty

sorry for your loss and thank you for your story-isnt it amazing how a dogs life and social encounters are sooo similar to ours? these stories just leave me in awe.

Archived