CairnTalk

just bought a cairn

Guest luli mc arthur

Guest luli mc arthur

We are delighted with our new addition to the family: 3 month old "Dexter" - he is getting along splendidly with Hushpuppy ( 6 yr old Bassett ) - we can't find the breeder that sold it to the pet shop owner "Paws Plus" in Plantation Florida in any of the breeder listings we have come across so far. We bought Hush from the same pet shop and never had a problem. However I was assured that Dexter did not come from a puppy farm. Does anyone know the breeder Marilyn Eidson in Buffalo, Mo. ? We are all in love with Dexter - he stays no matter what his pedigree is or isn't. It's just that, unlike Hushpuppy, he was registered with America's Pet Registry and not the AKC by the pet shop owner and we were wondering what that could mean. Thank you.

The pet shop owner knows where they get their animals from. They should be able to give you full contact information to the breeder. I am a bit concerned about any pups that come from MO, that is a well known puppy mill area for lots of breeds. I would have to demand to see records of the purchase between the store and breeder, like I said....they know who they get their pups from. Love your little guy, no matter where he came from he is something special!! :D

Melanie

Maxwell

Guest Guest

My understanding is that reputable breeders will not provide puppies to pet stores. I know that the two local Cairn organizations I'm aware of have this as a stipulation. I could be wrong. Of course - that applies to the breeder not the puppy - you probably have a wonderful, healthy puppy!

Archived