CairnTalk

My Little Guy Eddie

tinacooks

I was with my little Cairn, Eddie today as he took his last breath. He was the best dog I have ever had. I lost him to liver cancer and he was only 4. He was loving, gentle and unreserved. He loved his family, food, his blanket. He was an amazing trooper this last weekend and I'm forever grateful to have been his 'pack'.

tinacooks, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, especially at such a young age. It seems that you love Eddie very much and he had a great life while he was here. He is now entered Rainbow Bridge and I am sure he will be watching after you.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Thank you. I'm heart broken. He was amazing. I never thought I would feel this way about a dog, but he captured my heart. I read the Rainbow Bridge piece and hope that I can see him again.

He was afraid of the dark and would bark at the hallway before going to bed. He didn't want to get mugged you know!

Well there could've been monsters or people or chipmunks or squirrels or anything down that hall, very alert little ones they are. They do capture your heart, i dread the day I lose one of mine. They are my children.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

i feel so much for you. eddie was lucky to have had you, and i am so sorry you have had to suffer through this tragedy. i hope you feel in a position to give another deserving dog your love very soon.

tinacooks,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are offered for you and your family today.

As "pk" told me a short 6 month ago when Mac passed away, you will see him again.

RIP Eddie!

Jerry

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Eddie. How wonderful for him that you were with him when he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. My heart breaks for you and yours as you go through the next days and months without him. I know he misses you all as much as you miss him and I believe he will be waiting for you at the end of the tunnel of light as you make your crossing. Elle and Margie

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You'll miss him very much, but he'll have lots of friends waiting for him over the Rainbow Bridge.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Tina,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Eddie was much too young. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but it does get easier. Cairn's are such a special breed and they do capture your heart. Take time to grieve. My Buck has been gone now for 2 years and I never thought I could love another pup, but sure enough 6 months ago we adopted a blonde little cairn named Frankie. He reminds me of Buck and it brings back such wonderful memories.

You are in my thoughts. Take care.

Leigh

Tina,

Hopefully your love is stronger than your loss. I, too, lost my beloved Razzle on 2/20/06. 2/20 is and always will be a very painful day for me. Knowing that my furry angels are in heaven waiting for me, makes me fear death less. Eddie is up there with my Razzle and all of our beloveds. My home is now full with 2 Cairns and 2 kittys. You will never forget Eddie, and I see still Razzle in the clouds. God Bless you and I hope yoru heart heals quickly.

Tina,

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that Eddie is now free from his pain and can run and play with all our other beloved little friends who have crossed over the Bridge. We all love our babies so much that none of us want to think of losing them, as we must eventually. Eddie will always be there in your heart, and you well be reminded of him often. In time I hope that you will consider bringing another Cairn into your life, not as a replacement for Eddie but as a new "baby" to love and to give you love and enjoyment. God Bless you & Eddie. :hug:

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss, Tina. Each time I've lost a Cairn child it has broken

a little part of my heart that never quite heals, so I really understand.

Hang in there; we're here for you.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Tina,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Eddie. I know how much you hurt. My heart hurts with you. I lost my much loved little Girl Missy 11-09-2004. I know the pain. I still cry after 2 years and Missy lives in my heart. Whe she left me in my arms I didn't tell her goodbye. I told her bye for now as we will be together again. When Missy passed away it was the hardiest thing I ever went threw in life. We bought Missy 2 weeks before hubby and I were married. I didn't want to start marrage without a dog. I always wanted a Cairn growing up but we had other dogs mostly Bostons

so I wet out and bought Missy. She captured my heart the day I bought her and now whe she left me she took a part of me with her. When she passed I said I can never go threw this again, no more. Well hubby and son went to a breeder and bought a little Cairn boy named Kramer. Kramer now is 3 years old and boy did he ever help me threw the hardest time. Having Kramer to hold and hug and greet me was the best. It did take me months before we bonded. At first I didn't even want him when they walked in the door. I said hwo can you do this to Missy. Now I know that Missy sent me this little Cairn boy who is so loveable and what a lap boy he is. Take time to grieve, let it all out and one day you will know when it is right. I know I ca never live without a Cairn in my life. My condolences to you

Godspeed Eddie, I know my Missy was there to greet you with all the other bridge kids.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Thank you to you all. I've had a hard day today. Eddie always, always, always got up with me in the morning and he didn't and it hit me pretty hard. I have never bonded with a dog the way that I did with Eddie. Your emails have really spoken to me; thank you all so very, very much. Ti

sheila and Misty

how sad for you, but I truly believe when a pet dies and crosses over they eagerly await your arrival I know all my pets spirits are with me .. I many times feel their love around me. I couldnt bury my scruffy for a whole day had to keep holding him-he wasnt the first one I lost either but its NEVER EASY. but look at it this way-arent you glad for them and you that fate brought you together and how lucky you both were to share in the fun joy and love of life! when you think of all the unwanted ones that could use your love -you know theres another one who will also be a gift of love and loyalty..who so desperately is in search for a heart and home like yours.-I gave it a month and couldnt stand the emptiness-Mistys bundle of love came an enveloped my heart and eased the pain-scruffy had a good life and now it was Mistys turn. we will all have some big furry greetings when we pass over. The pain of loss never leaves completely but it sure helps to find another bundle of joy to love as well.

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing my Sandy last year was the hardest thing I ever went through. Just know he is always with you and waiting for you over the Rainbow Bridge.

Archived