CairnTalk

Rainbow Bridge

Emmadilemma

Hi all,

I have yet to lose a dog but I have read some of your posts and feel so sad for you. Our Oscar is just one year old on the 2nd of feb so we're just starting out.

My partner's mother told me about this and I wanted to share it with you. It made me a bit teary truth be told.

Peace to all,

Emma

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Hmm, I should really search the forum first before I post :blush: i see MANY of you have heard this before!

But hey - if just one person who hasn't seen Rainbow Bridge sees it then it was all worth it!

Yes I have read it, I lost a dearly loved friend of 15 years last March, and I didn't mind reading it again and I will be reading it again whenever I think about my Pooche. Thank you for bringing it up as a reminder of our loved friends at the rainbow bridge

Jim and Skipper

The Rainbow Bridge is as wonderful and real to me today as the first time I read about it, several years ago after losing a wonderful dog who had been through so much with me. It made me cry then and feel comforted, and I still feel so moved by it. Thank you for sharing it once more.

Pam

• 1 month later...

Having been down this road more times than I like, it's the price we do pay for choosing to live our lives with creatures with such a short lifespan. But I LOVE that we can hold them in our hears forever, and we surely do. Even though the pain eases, there are some you still simply cannot think about without shedding a tear. This is for you little ones:

Beau - just Beau - 9/96 to 1/97

Piper - McKeegue Pipe Dream - our first rescued Cairn girl - 1/7/89 to 7/1/02

Mimzie - McKeegue Miss Mischief - our first Cairn - 12/7/86 to 11/19/02

Buddy - CastleRock Bit of Annwood - our First Cairn boy - 6/27/90 to 2/22/05

Sophie - just Sophie - 5/95 to 12/27/06

Millie Mae - little lost Cairn girl - ?/90 to 7/16/07

Amy and the Calliope Clan

Ginger, Betty, Miri, Wookie, Lucy, Missy & Rocky

Member CTCA, PCTC, CPCRN

CP Vol II COOKBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/2g6oru

www.cairnrescue.com www.calliopecairn.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you for the Rainbow bridge. I just send it to a friend in Holland who lost her Cairn, called Tara, to some criminal who poisoned her. I hope he will be found and punished accordingly.

In the little village she live in, NINE dogs were poisoned the same way. My heart goes out to all of them.

Archived