CairnTalk

I need help with Breeders

Guest glo

I found this breeder(Cairn Terrier) in NY that has been extremely helpful, She has answered all my questions. She has an older puppy (6 months) trained, neutered, and trained for sale. I think he would be a good match, because we are a working family, and we think a puppy would be miserable alone for work hours. Is there a way to check if she is a reputable breeder? She seems wonderful, but I have never bought a dog from a breeder, all my dogs have been shelter dogs. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me in advance.

In my opionion, the fact that she has taken the time to train as well as neuter this puppy shows a level of responsibility not found in unseemly breeders. It sounds like you've found a great match. Ask her if you can meet with her to see if the puppy's temperament suits you and see how she is with her other dogs. Go on your gut instinct. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Good luck!

Thela

• 2 weeks later...

She is on the list. The only thing is that she is showing her dogs most of this month and does not have a available weekend to see her. I am dying to see this little guy.

She has been very helpful...Can someone explain why it is so hard to find a breeder?

Archived