CairnTalk

CSI:NY fans?

andrewnamy

So on CSI:NY on Wed, there was the rich old lady who got murdered and she had her little terrier with her that got away. Now, they said it was a Norwich (which looks a lot like Cairns, but their ears aren't perked up) but in a lot of the scenes the ears were perked (except while being petted) and when they showed a newspaper photo, the lady was holding her dog, and its ears were perked. Now, yes, it could be a Norwich, but if anyone else saw this, what do you think? I'm leaning more towards a Cairn because of the ears, but I don't really know much about the Norwich.

Amy

I believe it was indeed a Norwich. Head, ears, leg length, and docked tail all consistent. Norwich have pricked ears; Norfolk have the folded ears. One saying I learned to tell Norfolk from Norwich is the "f" in Norfolk stands for "folded" while the Norwich's ears look like a witch's hat. Always fun to see a terrier in a supporting role!

CAIRNTALK: Vote! |  Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Ahh thank you! Yeah, I was looking at the American Kennel Club website and I had both the Norfolk and the Norwich up, and I must've switched them. Either way, the dog on CSI looked a lot like Valentine, so it was nice seeing it there. :)

Amy

One way to separate Norfolk and Norwich is Norwich`s W put upside down it is like they ears.

I hope that the period comes to Finland soon. I would like to see it.

Edited by Heidi

Heidi &cairns Sissi and Inkku+english cockerspaniels Mimmi and Donna

yess i also have seen this episode.

and i also thought it was a cairn. only after a better look. it wasn't

still it was a great looking dog.

norwich.jpg

grt godfathervld

For those who have seen our webpage. and want to leave a message

This is the link to our guestbook.

Gizmo and Ivy's Guestbook

The NEW english spoken website of Gizmo and Ivy