CairnTalk

Hiccups?

Courtbro

Scotch recently started getting the hiccups every now and again. When he get's them he starts licking my wood floors and frankly it worry's me a little. Should I take him to the vet or do other puppies do this??

Thanks

Court

Dudley got the hiccups periodically during his first 6-9 months. Usually they would last for 2-3 minutes at the most. We never kept track as to whether they occurred at a certain point or after a certain activity. But they never lasted long either, and Dudley never got upset when he had them. I'm of the opinion that it's harmless, and have never read or seen anything that said different.

We've never asked our vet about it, but never found cause to do so. He hasn't had the hiccups now for a few months that I recall, and no worse or better off. He's now 1 yr old.

Hi! Riley gets the hiccups frequently with no apparent consequence. Sometimes he will just be sitting and they come on - - don't seem to hurt him in any way.

Holly hiccups too! I thought maybe it was related to her vomiting. They don't seem to happen at the same time but i never had a dog hiccup so much. Kate

Our older Cairn never got the hiccups. The new baby boy gets them all the time. I assumed it was cause he was such a little piggy when he ate.

He also lets alot of 'bombers'...... pheeeeeew!! Oh! And, burps! Yes, LOUD belches!

Any more burpers out there :whistle: ?

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Cathy:

With regards to Murphy dropping bombs, He does from time to time. Now I say drops bombs, these are silent, we don't know he's dropped them until we smell them. He just sits and watches our reaction and wags his tail. When he does this I always get him outside, NOW. He usually does his routine of watching the squirrels and chippmuncks race across the wires in our backyard then does his thing. Then he looks at me as if he was saying, "Right, sorry about hat ol' chap

sometimes they just sneak out" :whistle: and sometimes he looks at me as if to say "What?" Ya right.

Dittos on all the above.........burps, hiccups, and "bombers

Abes never last long either, and do not seem to upset him, so we never worried about them.

I don't know if you are new or not Rob, but welcome to the forum!

SignaturePics.jpg

As a matter of fact I just found this website on Sunday night. I've been looking

for a cairn site and I just happened to dial the right number. It's been great to hear all your stories and see that we're not alone in this experience of raising our fine furried little friends. Thanks for all your support. :D

Boy does scotch drop bombers!!! Whew... they are silent until you sniff, at first, I blamed them on my husband and he would just say " It's not me, it's Scotch" and I'd say yeah right!! haha boy was I wrong! It wasn't until Scotch and I were home alone and I told him "we'll boy, it's either you or me and I know it wasn't me" So that's when I knew the truth!!

Oh and thanks to everyone about the hiccups, do you know he hasn't had them since I posted the question!

Court :P

Archived