CairnTalk

Scooter's first and new jacket....

Jessica H

Scooter and Sadie have never had any type of clothing but you all have inspired me, lol. I don't want anything cute, but we walk a lot so I wanted something to keep them warm and block the wind. I basically took this idea from a horse blanket instead of a dog jacket. I am going to make Sadie one if this works. The nice thing is that it is custom tailored to each dog, lol and it was free. He may look like he likes it but he stood in the same spot for 10 minutes, which isn't like him. i hope he gets used to it.

I used the sleeves from and old sweatshirt, I still need to trim the threads, this was his final fitting...

DSCN1927.jpg

DSCN1926.jpg

DSCN1929.jpg

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

that is an excellent recycling idea!! I sew all the time and dont know that I'd thought of that, very creative!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Nice job....really seems to like the new outfit! That IS the hardest part to clothing our kids....that they keep it ON! Great job. Send the next pic of Sadie.

Great Jacket. Just bought my little guy a sweater today, going to New England next week, to visit family.

If you are coming to New England and he'd not used to this weather the jacket is a good idea. My guys are used to it so they really don't need it but its cute.

Which part of New England are you coming to?

DSCN2419-1.jpg

That is just too cute. I just got a sewing machine for xmas and was looking for a project to do. Please send any dimensions or tips to help me get started. Thanks!

abbyrose17lk.gifAbby Rose

I think you have a new calling! Very cute! I bought a fake sheep/sherpa jacket for Duncan for about $8.00 at our local feed store. I am going to use it as a pattern to make more. I would like to make a tartan jacket if I can find the right material.

I bought a basic dog jacket pattern at Walmart last year. I don't recall if it was Vogue or not.... but I did find that I had to adjust it to be longer for Brattwurst who is longer in the back than Mett.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I did't really have a pattern or dimensions. I basically cut the sleeve off of an old sweatershirt, used a seamripper to open it up. The I cut 2 strips to go around chest and for his girth and I sewed velcro on it. I kept fitting it on Scooter and pinning where I needed to cut or trim. I based it on a horse blanket. It was a trial and error thing, I thought I was done so I put it on him and went outside and the back flipped up so I put a strip loosely around his hind end.

I have been taking sewing classes so I may ask the teacher to help me come up with something cute, I was thinking of making something more insulated and waterproof so I can take him snowshoeing with me. He definately would need something warm for that. I am sure there is some type of material I could find or buy and old jacket from a salvation army place and use that...

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Looks professional! How cute. Mine are just getting used to wearing "diapers" (that time of season... :whistle: ) - so maybe after they get over this experience they'll be ready to wear some sweaters.... I'd like to put them in a sweater at least before their 3rd birthdays.... HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Scooter has never worn anything before and he kind of looked like one of those goats that freeze when you scare them. He started to walk around a little, I am not one for dressing up my dogs but it gets pretty cold in NH, we just got another 10" or so on top of the 2 feet we already had plus more coming tomorrow so I figured they could use something to stay warm, we still have to go for our walks...

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Archived