CairnTalk

Dexter got fixed

onesojourner

We got Dexter fixed last week. Its kind of hard taking a dog in for surgery that really has nothing wrong with it. I don't think he noticed anything. He is running around like a maniac just like usual. He should get his stitches out tomorrow or monday. He still lifts his leg every chance he gets when we take him on a walk. Hopefully all the humping will stop though. Some of a our friends have a basset hound and there is no playing its just dexter trying to hump her...

the humping should calm down in a month or so. the marking will go on.

wasn't it difficult to bring him in for surgery? my DH heart just melted when he dropped him off that morning.

it was very hard. The vet also makes you leave them over night so it was over 24 hours with out. The house just seemed weird and empty.

We brought Gooner this morning, my daughter was in tears. Jack our other cairn has been looking for him all day. We will be picking him up in a couple hours. Can't wait.

Valentine gets fixed in a few weeks, less then two. i have the day off from work, and he'll only be there that day so i'll have the chance to look after him.

he has yet to know whats coming to him. Then i belive he starts puppy classes the next day, or the next week. if its the next day, it would be quite amusing if he had to run around with a cone all day. im not sure. eaither way, it will be fun (not in a sadistic way) just to see if he notices, and to start classes.

Puddles got spayed a month ago. It was the hardest 6 hours of my LIFE. My life was at a standstill until I picked her up...For a couple of hours I just laid with her. After eating and pooping....She was all hells fire trying to play..That turned into a nightmare thinking she was sure to bust her stiches. Good luck with your furbaby...Believe me he will be back to his old self in no time!

I LOVE MY CAIRNS PUDDLES AND IRIS!

Archived