CairnTalk

My Rusty roo

aprilj22

I guess there is no other way to heal when losing your best friend than to share your pain so here goes mine...

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis when I was 21, I was giving up mentally & my now husband thought it would be a good idea to get a dog, somehow we ended up with a Cairn terrier, Rusty added much needed distraction & spunk to my life, he taught me how to love again & most important how to fight for things we care about including myself. I had forgotten how much Rusty & I had gone threw till the month before i had to put him down (he somehow got Cancer)

he would sit up all night with me during my once a week shot & go threw the discomfort of tossing & turning, cold sweats & hot flashes I hurt & he would lay with me & comfort me i'd pet him all night & we'd talk... i had a son so i was off the meds for almost 2 years, the night i had to get back on them it was the same thing

& Rusty was right there with me the whole night, the next morning we sat on the patio & we talked i knew i had to let him go it was the hardest most painful thing i've ever had to do but the thing that gets me is that he endured all this pain & seemed like he waited for me to start the shots again & said moma you can do this without me being here you can... i am in tears i know he is always in my heart & his spirit is with me

to my baby Rusty roo I (WE ALL) will always love you!!!

till we meet again

moma

apRiL

I am so sorry for your loss! The pain never goes away but it eventually will get easier. May you be comforted in knowing that you gave Rusty a great life.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

April, thank you for letting us know your emotional and painful story. These wonderful little angels give us so much, and ask for so little in return. You're right, Rusty stayed with you as long as he could, until he had to let you go on without him. As you say he will always be in your heart, and you will always have your memories of him. God Bless both you and Rusty. :hug:

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. Rusty will always be with you watching over you. This forum is a wonderful place to heal with wonderful and caring people who love their cairns also. God bless.

Rusty's Momma,

I am sincerly sorry for your loss. I am happy for you that you had Rusty - to teach to love and comfort you. The pain of the loss is almost unbearable at times - I know, but you are right that sharing on this forum brings comfort. I have been grateful for this forum and the members that help share in the loss. I wish for you peace and a knowing that your friend will always be with you.

Linda

April,

I'm sitting here with tears coming from my face. Your story is special, these cairns, not just cairns but all pets seem to know when we are ill. The comfort they bring us, the hours they will stay awake to watch over us is amazing.

Rusty roo knew when it was ok to leave you. He stayed until he knew you could do it without him. I lost my Missy 3 years ago on November 9th 2004 (I was the one who posted the poem, Christmas without my Cairn) It is now 3 years and I still get so emotional and really miss her so much, having Kramer is such a help. He is the most loveable little guy in the world. We have to believe that one day when our time is up here on earth we will reunite with our fur angels and they will greet us with a wagging tail and licks and say: Welcome home! Until then, we keep them close in our hearts and remember the great years of joy they brought us. They will NEVER be forgotten.

The great thing about this forum we all understand the emotional effect when losing a pet who to us is a family member.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

• 3 weeks later...

April, Rusty certainly was a handsome little guy. Though he can never be replaced you are lucky to have 2 beautiful babies like Brande & Phoenix in your life. I hope you enjoy them both for many, many years.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Archived