CairnTalk

Christmas without my Cairn

Kramersmom

I lost my Missy 3 years ago in November and the Holidays still hurt. This poem is so beautiful and speaks for itself.

Christmas Without My Cairn

The tree is all trimmed.

The gifts are all wrapped.

The hymns are all sung,

Ant the travel plans mapped.

And still there's a sadness

That lies in your heart,

For a Cairn that was lost

And a love now apart.

A stocking is missing,

With toys and a treat.

A lap is now empty,

A space at your feet.

Yet remember this season

God's small gift to you,

Wonderful memories

To treasure life through.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I'm sorry that in times of happiness, you still feel such loss. I think many of us can relate to how you feel, and wish you peace. Missy is now all knowing, loving, and being loved. She awaits you with all her love and glory.

God bless and Merry Christmas

sheila and Misty

We feel your sadness-this will be our 2nd christmas without our scruffy. But if his time wasnt up we would never have had our Misty. I miss all my little ones soo much. Altho I feel fortunate to have been chosen to be part of their little lives. I know their spirits are with me , I shed a tear but wear a smile. The poem says it all with those intense heartfelt memmories. thanks for sharing.

That is beautiful, Kramersmom.

This will be my first xmas without my Sandy. He used to love to see Santa come down the street in the fire engine, I used to say Santy's coming and he would get all nervous and perky and we would stand by the door and watch every xmas and wave. Last xmas he was very sick though and I have my last picture of him by the tree but you can tell he was in a lot of pain. We put him to sleep in February of this year. I am thankful I had that time with him to say goodbye.

I am sure Kramer and Sandy are watching down on us and smiling for all of the wonderful memories we gave them.

Kramersmom,

Thanks for sharing the poem - it is very touching. I know how much you miss your Missy and I am sure she knows too! This is my third Christmas without Mr Mack and my first without Gracie. The only thing that helps me is all the love I get to share with Will. He is of course getting more and more spoiled by the day but I suppose that is okay too.

I took Christmas cookies to Gracie's groomer on Saturday - my first time there since she passed. It was much harder than I had anticipated, but when they all had tears when speaking of Gracie, it made me happy through the pain - knowing that she had touched others, if only in a small way, the way she touched me in such a huge way. Your love for Missy touches my heart - with your every post of her.

Peace be with you and your family, Linda

What a beautiful poem! this is my first Christmas without my Rusty, i pulled out his stocking & it about broke my heart

i feel your ache's... May God Bless

apRiL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kramersmom

Ty for your reaction.

I have read your poem, have to say it's a great poem

Right from the heart.

We now have 2 new cairn's Gizmo and Ivy

It's great to see all Cairn's have a there own caracter

Only it won't be the same.

the memory will be in our heart forever.

grt godfathervld

For those who have seen our webpage. and want to leave a message

This is the link to our guestbook.

Gizmo and Ivy's Guestbook

The NEW english spoken website of Gizmo and Ivy

Archived