CairnTalk

What things make living with your Cairn/Cairns easier?

kayharley

Today while shampooing our hallway rug, I got to thinking of all the things that I might not need if I didn't have the 3 "loves of my life" living here....

First off is the fencing around our property

The rug shampooer

A vacuum cleaner that is used almost daily :whistle:

Gate on top of stairs

Sense of humor

Assortment of hair brushes in almost every room

Leashes/collars taking up space on our coat racks

Throws on furniture

Fleece/rubber/vinyl/stuffed/squeaky toys EVERYWHERE

Freezer full of bully sticks/rawhide chews

And of course doggie toothbrushes/toothpaste that must NEVER be mistaken for ours. :confused:

pooper scooper

endless supply of plastic "poo bags"

doggie door

and all of the aforementioned

Flip side, though....small compromises for all the lovin'!

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terriers believe I am."

You're right, we wouldn't need all those things. But, since we all NEED our Cairns, we need all that necessary paraphernalia that goes along with them. Wouldn't have it any other way!!! :D

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

belly band (for the boys)

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

sheila and Misty

dont forget about at least 30 or so toys to maze around and nose smear marks on our windows.and squeek toys that almost give you a heart attack when you step on the because your thinking it was your dogs paw. blankets and beds everywhere...and dont forget those beef bones or hard treats that make you do the rain dance when you manage to come down on them with the arch of your foot! but it would be dull without those things

Can't forget the CRATES at the foot of our bed, that DW or I bang a shin on at least once a week! Or, the BAGS OF DIRT I buy to fill in the holes Sophie makes for me in the back yard.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

WOOF! Eli, here.

Must have:

Gallons of Windex for the sliding glass doors.

Swiffer!

Invisible Fence (not politically correct on this board, but works for ME!)

Sense of humor

Belly rubs

Laptop so you can go to "Cairn Talk"

WOOF!

Eli B)

Awww....I love my little Cairn...he needs all those things and I need them too.

Especially the Windex for the windows.

I agree too with the vacumn, espically this time of year with the leaves caught in Archie's hair.

Throws for the furniture...true.

Archie also needs the recliner so he can sit right next to his dad and chew his rawhide bone.

He also needs his friends and family to come visit to play. Then when hes tired he wants them to go home. :)

gas mask, val stinks! (gasey) :toxic:

Pig ears from fleet farm.

i keep wanting to get more toys for him too. Amy says he has enough.....They never have enough :lol:

Bully sticks

Peanut butter

Patience

Love

a big german wiredhair pointer for play time

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

>a big german wiredhair pointer for play time

Now that's funny! I tell everybody that my Cairn is my Toller's pet 'cause I got the Cairn to keep the Toller from pestering my ancient German Wirehaired Pointer to death. I now have a 15 year old GWP, a 6 year old Cairn and a 3 year old NSDTR---just about the perfect balance!

Now, the thing that makes living with all of the dogs easier---well, that would be Pushy. Pushy is a 17 year old, six pound cat who accepts no foolishness in her house. If you want to run in the house, you run slowly. If you want to bark in the house, you bark quietly. You can be as crazy as you like outdoors but indoors you live by Pushy's rules.

George

If you want to run in the house, you run slowly. If you want to bark in the house, you bark quietly. You can be as crazy as you like outdoors but indoors you live by Pushy's rules.

May I borrow Pushy? Please? Pretty please?

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived