CairnTalk

PNW Storms

mattoleriver

I know that there are a few list members living in areas hit by the big storms a few days ago. I hope everyone is okay and that life returns to normal quickly.

George

i was in the lesser one, in the northeast. my brother was in the major, in the northwest. we are all okay. most of the northeast did much better than the forecasts originally predicted.

Unfortunately, in the PNW, those who lived close to rivers were greatly affected. Also, many basements flooded from rain.

Val is heading to a show in the Vancouver, WA area this weekend. I-5 is still closed at Chehalis, WA with flood water over the freeway. She'll be heading over I-90 and heading South through Yakima. She'll be in the company of every south bound truck driver heading toward Portland.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

My folks in Portland say all is well. A small house they have at the coast lost a large tree but it fell in the driveway with no one home so it's just a mess, no damage. Be safe driving this weekend. Hope the show goes great.

>She'll be heading over I-90 and heading South through Yakima. She'll be in the company of every south bound truck driver heading toward Portland.

I just heard on the radio that there is a chance that one lane of I-5 may be open in each direction as early as tonight. Even terrible delays there would be better than crossing the passes and driving down the Gorge. If she has to go via Yakima the truck traffic on the two-lane stretch between Yakima and Biggs will be brutal. That's a long, slow grind in a truck and if you're lucky enough to pass one truck there will just be another one ahead of it. I've driven that route hundreds of times in a big rig and never want to do it again!

Good luck

George

I am on the Oregon Coast. Our area (Florence) had a few trees down. No other damage. Our house was without out power for a day, which is pretty typical this time of year. The towns north of us were hit harder.

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

Archived