CairnTalk

Last Picture of Zoe

wheezie23

First I want to thank you all so much for your kind words. You just don't know how much they've helped me with dealing with the loss of Zoe.

I took some pictures of her two days before the accident and just had them developed. I am so glad that I did. She was looking very good that day and was in a very happy mood. In fact, she was looking for squirrels when I shot these, so you can see how excited she was.

I cannot figure out how to post an image here. I created a personal webpage with one picture of her on it. If any of you would like to see her, here is the link.

http://www.geocities.com/lostmymarblznla/Zoes_page.html

Again, thank you all so much for your friendship. I have already decided I want another puppy, soon. I miss the companionship so much. In fact, I'm bored around the house without her! I'll keep you posted when I get one.

Thela :)

She looks alot like my Madison! I'm glad to hear you're getting another pup...I love my 10 year old Winnie and never thought I could feel the same way about another dog. Then I got Madison and I love her just as much. And if my hubby would let me, I'd get a third and love that one too with great intensity. Good luck and keep us posted, please....Sandy

Guest Guest

Hi! Zoe was a beautiful lil Cairn. She can never be replaced but another dog may help to fill the void you are feeling with Zoe's passing. I have buried five wonderful dogs - - each with their own individual personalities - - and now I have Riley. He is a special needs Cairn - - I almost lost him at 7 months due to a "liver shunt" condition. For whatever reason - - he survived the difficult surgery and is almost healthy. He has given me countless hours of happiness - - is without a doubt the most precious little guy in the world!! I know that someday soon you will find room in your heart for another lil Cairn - - it is amazing how much love we hold in our hearts!!! Good luck and I will be thinking of you in the months to come!

Hello Thela,

Thanks so much for sharing your picture and personal thoughts. I know how hard and helpful that probably was.

I tell you, I can hardly think about this without getting all snotty and stuff! I feel soooooooo for you. James (dadofabe) have discussed you several times.

I remember when we discovered that our dogs were the same age. Abe will be 9 months on the 11th. I hope that you are able to find the new addition as soon as you are ready.... I agree it will help. Like i said previously, when James wanted to get a puppy, after my collie passed, I just didn't think I could do it.....but I am really glad he did (even though I won't admit it to him.....he he)

Love and Prayers,

Abe, momof, dadof, and family

SignaturePics.jpg

:hug: Thanks, Sandy, Momofabe and all. I've been actively researching breeders and visiting various websites. Right now I'm in contact with the rescue networks to see if I might be approved to adopt a young pup. (My husband is adamant about that. He doesn't want me to adopt an adult dog just yet, but he does agree that we need two this time!) :w00t:

It's been extremely theraputic talking with other cairn owners, getting information, making contacts, etc. I even designed another webpage with more pictures this time celebrating Zoe's life. Here's the link if anyone wants to see.

http://hometown.aol.com/wheezer423/index.html

I have another question: I got a female last time because I was afraid that a male might be too dominant or aggressive with Rocky, my older mix breed. Is this true even if both dogs are neutered? Zoe was so good with Rocky. But I hate to limit myself to one particular gender, especially when considering adoption.

Thela :)

Abe is neutered and we have had a few neighbor dogs come around at first Abe was a litle defensive but then he made quick freinds . Although the dogs weren't left alone I didn't see any problems after the initial introduction. From my point of view I wouldn't limit my choices due to gender but I would try to spend a little time with the new pet to get a feel for temperment and personality.

I wish you all the luck in your search for a new friend . I looked at the web page you put together I really enjoyed the pictures thank you for sharing She is a beautiful pup

james

I loved your tribute page to Zoe - what a beautiful dog. She was lucky to have you all as her family.

Thela, Zoe was absolutely adorable. I know you miss her dearly. When the time is right, I hope you are able to get another Cairn. Their personalities are addictive! I feel your pain as it was one year ago today we had our Lucy put to sleep :( and I still miss her so much. Piper has helped me to get past the hurt, but I will never forget Lucy. Thankfully, Piper keeps us quite busy and is a bundke of energy and love. Anyway, God bless you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you struggle through this time without Zoe.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Archived