CairnTalk

Time to say goodbye...

OzGirl

Today my beloved feline friend (of nearly 18 years) Minnie was put to sleep. She was the queen of the house and ruled Roxy and Susie, they would approach her cautiously and if lucky got to sniff her butt. She was only small and never tried to scratch them or anything but they were always wary of her, if one of Roxy's toys was near Minnie she would "talk" and bounce around at a distance until someone retrieved it for her. I'm not sure if the girls will miss her but I certainly do. I know we did the best thing for her as her kidneys had failed but it just seems all wrong right now.

ctdogs.jpg

in the past year i lost both a 22 year old cat and a year-and-a-half old kitten. i know what you are going through. be proud minnie had a great, great life.

We all stand with you in support.

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

You have our sympathy. We also know the pain of losing a long-time feline friend, as we have had cats that lived well into their late teens. No doubt Roxy & Susie will notice the loss of Minnie, but her spirit will be in you home and you will be reminded of her often. God Bless Minnie and your family. :pray:

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Ozgirl;

I am so sorry.....it is very hard. Feline or canine....I am honored that we are allowed the opportunity to care for them.

This past Saturday, I knew the time was right and I had my beloved Dalmatian put down. She was just about 13 years old. Very hard for us all. My son has been sleeping with her collar & my daughter has been taking our Cairn to bed with her (Normally she does not want Iz in her room).

Not an easy decision....but the right one. Take care!

-Darleen

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. I lost my Sandy in February of this year. I still miss him every day. Just remember Minnie lived a good life and her spirit will be with you always.

I want to express my sadness at the passing of your beloved cat and dog. It is an amazing thing how they can become so entwined in our hearts that even reading about your loss brings tears to my eyes and sorrow to my heart. They are so special and fill spaces nothing and no one else can fill. Please be comforted with the knowledge that they live on in your hearts and memories.

elle

I'm sure sorry about your buddy. We have 5 cats and while I've always liked cats I never knew the joy of loving one till I got married to a cat person 20 years ago. Our oldest is 11 now and I dread the day we have to go through what you are now. My heartfelt condolences.

Have you hugged your Cairn today?

I too am sorry for your loss. We had to put our 14 year old cat (Popcorn) down in March 2007. Still look for the "kitty" and all her quirkiness. Our three, for a while looked for the buddy. But I think it is as humans are, time seems to take care of them and going on. We have extra hugs to give and so they of course receive readily. Hope you feel better and the family heals in time. Our prayers to all of you.

My sympathy, I know it is hard. I myself have 2 cats and I got them before my dogs, they hold an even more special place in my heart than my dogs (sorry to say) but I have both of them for 9 years and they are the best! Never any problems with them. I will be lost when I lose one of them and I dread the day.

Minnie had 18 wonderful years of life and you did that for her! You and your family are in my thoughts.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

I happen to believe there is a special place in heaven for pets, a place where they are able to do all the things they love to do. Peace to you.

"Lord help me be the person my cairn terriers believe I am."

It's hard to imagine life without your special pal. I put my 15 year old Lab to sleep 2 days ago. There was nothing else I could do.

It was very difficult and sad to do it, but I couldn't stand to see her suffer without hope. You did the right and merciful thing for her. It is such an ordeal for us to go through, but we had all those good years with them before this. I'm trying to focus on the good times now. Your cat sounds wonderful.

I do have a 1 year old Cairn, Hermann, which I adopted 4 months ago from a friend, anticipating that my Lab was overdue to have some kind of health issues soon. Fortunately she only suffered for a few days after having, what I think was, a stroke.

I am hoping to be able to bond with Hermann in that special way someday. He is so active and into everything. The kids do love him so much. I like the way he tilts his head when he is listening. (When he is listening, that is , LOL). He is a good little watch dog. My husband put up a "Beware of Dog" sign on the gate. He stands at the gate like a tough guy. I'm so glad we have him now. He makes us laugh.

So sorry for your loss,

Debs

I'm so sorryfor your loss, I know I have 3 cats and one of them has heart problems and she is the one closest to me, she is now 10 and I don't even want to think about her being gone, but I know that when the time comes I will ahve to do whats best for her.

You have my sympathy, So sorry

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Archived