CairnTalk

Just a bit of a brag

eastofeden

:halo: Okay a bit of a brag here....but I am very proud of my little girl.

I volunteer at a weekly youth program that the church I attend sponsers. Last night the theme was Puppies & Kittens. I had been asked to speak with the kids, and brought Izze along to use as an example when I spoke. Well, my girl did all of her fun tricks and a perfect recall....with a group of 120 kids sitting on the ground 5 feet away from us! She was Fabulous....and was very patient at other times throughout the night when there were many many kids around who wanted to pet her. Most of the program takes place in a gym, which can get pretty noisy...but we had no BARKMYFOOLHEADOFF moments. In fact the only time she barked was when I asked her to do so :magic:

We had folks form the local SPCA & from another regional animal rescue come and speak to the kids about responsible pet ownership as well. In fact one of the animal resuce volunteers, jokingly said "You need to come train my dogs. I wish mine were as well behaved as yours."

My girl did was fantastic....I am sooo please with her :w00t:

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

That's great. You must have worked really hard with Izzy during training.

Izzy is less then a year old right?

Congratulations!! What a wonderful reward for all of your hard work in training Izze. Most of us can only dream of having such a well behaved Cairn, but you have shown that willingness to spend the time and work in training can have great results. Take a bow, and Izze take a bow-wow!! :thumbsup:

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

My Izze is almost 2 years old. :kiss: It seems to be a popular name, as there are several Izzies or Isabellas who's people post here.

We have been doing classes weekly since she was 6 mths old.....and look for daily opportunities to practice at home. Not perfect.....but we are gettig there. Ultimately my goal is to get some obedience and rally titles with her. Not looking for ribbons (would be nice though) just want a well behavied dog and to have some fun with her.

Raise your expectations for what your Cairn can do....and try very hard to meet your Cairn's expectations of you.

Archived