CairnTalk

Prickles, prickles, prickles...

OzGirl

I took the girls to the park yesterday. Roxy loves to roll and rub herself on the grass (trying to pick up a new perfume I suppose), it had just been mowed the spring weeds have dropped all their prickles and Roxy ended up covered in them. Poor baby she looked so silly with them stuck all over her face as you can see in pic I took with my phone.

post-1239-1191074175_thumb.jpg

It took a long time to pull them all out when we got home, she had them everywhere and looked like she had prickle booties on there were so many on her feet. Susie got some but her fur doesn't seem to attract prickles like Roxy's.

ctdogs.jpg

I LOVE the tongue coming out, like she's going to lick them off... at least she was having fun. Scooter also rolls everywhere we go. He even will try to roll in mud puddles while we are hiking.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Dexter loves to roll in dead worms. Its crazy when we are walking he will get the sent 10 feet away and totally freak out until he get to it.

Dexter loves to roll in dead worms. Its crazy when we are walking he will get the sent 10 feet away and totally freak out until he get to it.

Teona does this too. She can find the tiniest piece of dead worm in the grass and just rub her face all in it :censored:

I had Scooter at a friends this weekend and they live on an apple orchard, Scooter decided to roll on a rotten apple and it was all over the side of his face.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

We have the absolute worst case of burrs that Cassie gets from our backyard. No matter how much I weed and spray in the spring we are plucking her all summer and fall. It's a wonder the dog has any hair at all. The flat brush with short bent metal prongs removes them with the least loss of hair but I have recently missplaced both of them. There are three kinds here, an ovoid spikey one with such fine points that they sliver off in your finger, a spiral one with a sharp spear at the end and a little fuzzy one that looks like a shuttlecock (badmitton bird). Oh and I forgot about the foxtails, grass seeds that lodge in their ears and require a vet visit. I am looking forward to the end of burr season. We never had these where I lived with my previous Cairn but snowballs did form on his hair when the snow was wet. Those were much easier to deal with.

Archived