CairnTalk

I Am SO Angry!

Scully'sMom

I am just beside myself all morning with anger!

We have neighbors across the street with two shepherds who are thoughtless, despicable idiots. The female has had at least 27 puppies in the last 18 months. The 10 year old a few weeks ago brought over one of the puppies to my house, it must have been 10 days old! I told her not to be doing that and to bring that baby home to its mother. I've seen her lugging one of the puppies even after that to different people's homes to show them. I'm guessing the pups are about 6 weeks or so by now. We keep hearing these babies cry that high-pitched cry all hours of the day and night.

This morning I'm way in the back part of the house with a hair dryer on high going in my hear and I hear this God awful high pitched puppy cry or yelp or whatever it was. It was just awful. My mom who sleeps in the front of the house said she heard the young girl yelling OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, Dad! This is 6:15 a.m. I was late for work because I kept standing in my front doorway waiting to see if they were coming out with a dog or what was going on. I could see all the lights on in the house and them walking all around. I still don't know what happened.

Can I call the Humane Society and ask them to check on the conditions that the puppies are living in? I have visions of one of the puppies sticking it's head through a crate opening or some awful thing. I'm just sick about this. I know it's none of my business how many times they breed that poor dog but I think there should be a way to get them to stay doing it. Okay, I know I'm nuts but I'm just sick over this.

Yes Call .... but call the Police first, the'll give you the name of the animal warden and you can get quicker action

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I would call one of the authorities in your area. A couple of years ago, being naive, I purchased a puppy (Cairn) from a lady, whom I thought was a responsible breeder. Nonetheless when I got the puppy home, it began acting ill. I took her to the vet, and she had parvo (advanced).

We immediately returned the puppy, and found that this woman was a front for puppy mills, and must have had four different breed of puppies all in one garage. Knowing how contagous Parvo is, I immediately called the humane society to do a welfare check. Because the lady knew I was angry, she moved all the puppies that night, so when the HS got there, there were no puppies. They monitored the house for a few days, and finally caught her. Several ill and dying pups. They shut her down...at least for that time.

this kind of thoughtless abuse of animals is almost as enraging as deliberate, vicious cruelty. these people are clearly not smart enough to be keeping any dogs.

First off...you are NOT nuts. You are a caring human being and sadly not everyone on this planet is.

I would think your first course of action would be your local animal controller but be warned....most of them are used to responding to complaint calls regarding barking or loose dogs. You would have to be sure they are capable of knowing when small puppies are in danger or being neglected and would have the authority to interact on their behalf. They could show up at your neighbors door, not hear a peep and think all is well....t's a tough call.

Then you could also get the police involved but again...it's a thin line as to what they would think constitutes neglect but stay on top of it. If you honestly feel these puppies are in trouble then do whatever you feel is necessary to ensure their safety...

I'll help post your bond money...

I'll help post your bond money...

LOL! I'll hold you to that, okay??

The idiot wife, for some unknown reason, decided to come over and see my mom and asked her, "Did you hear the puppy this morning?" So my mom's telling her that both of us heard it and was wondering what was going on. Now here's the "story."

She said she sold one of the puppies last night to this guy for $700.00. She said he kept going back and forth about the puppy and she told him that if he didn't want the puppy he could return it because there were two cops that were interested in buying it. Get this...she said that her mother sleeps downstairs and woke up to the puppy yelping and crying. She said that they found the puppy left on their doorstep with a collar on it WAY too tight and that's what the problem was. They brought it into the house and they took the collar off and it ran right to it's food and water bowls.

Okay, now correct me if I'm wrong - but geez, wouldn't the guy want his $700.00 back? Well, unless he gave them a check or something.

Something's not right. I'm thinking (and maybe it's the FBI in me) that she knows that I'm up at that hour and she knows my mom always knows what's going on in the neighborhood. (It pays to be an 85 year old nosey neighbor...LOL!) I'm thinking she came over and was covering their tracks. Now if I call the Humane Society won't they automatically blame me? I'm thinking of having my friend who does rescue work call for me and then I can say "Nope, wasn't me."

I can't stand these idiots!

Yes sounds like they are covering tracks to me...Call the authorities anyway......That's why they came to your house becasue they were worrried that someone would call since they know they have goofed up. I'm sure that you have other neighboors who might have heard the poor things.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I would deffinitely do something, and call in the Humane Society. Many states are beginning to cross reference animal reports with child abuse and neglect as well as domestic violence. So your attention and action is probably not only helping the animals but the women and children in the home too. Be careful and watchful, your actions may actually esclate an incident.

I am sure we all wish there were more neighbors like you.

Sal

I haven't heard the puppy(ies) today at all. I'm on the watch for the little girl who usually pops over here to see if I can get a different story from her. In the meantime, I'm giving all the information to my good friend who does rescue and she's going to contact the Humane Society.

I just get beside myself if someone does anything to an animal. I can't even watch movies or shows where it looks like animals are hurt. I'm such a wuss! :confused:

I would call. I have called Animal Control before and I felt so much better after I did. Not sure of the outcome but it was due to my friend's neighbor beating their puppy because she went potty in the house while they were gone. I didn't even live near them but I called, I wasn't sure if I should at first but you'll feel better if you do. Just keep it anonymous.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Archived