CairnTalk

Currey meets his "cousin"

jodi0553

Hi All,

I haven't posted any photos of Currey for a long time. This past weekend both my sister and I were visiting my parents and we both brought the pups, so Currey met his furry "cousin" for the first time. His cousin, Mort, is a 4 year old 70 lb pit bull! While members of our family have always been nervous about her breed preference, this dog is such a pussy cat. He has actually run away scared to hide from an aggressive chihuahua. He plays with small dogs frequently and is often submissive to them, which is quite a sight. When they first met, the boys sniffed each other out and Currey was in a submissive roll belly up on the lawn within about 30 seconds. That didn't last long! :P They played amazingly well. I think Currey was excited to meet a dog who was "his size" (as he perceives it, of course!)

Here are a few pics of the boys:

post-1398-1190655037_thumb.jpg

post-1398-1190655049_thumb.jpg

post-1398-1190655061_thumb.jpg

Great pics, its funny to see a "little" (no offense Currey) dog meet a big dog.

After meeting several of my friends' pit bulls, I'm now a fan of the breed. All seem to be mellow and some are pussy cats like how you describe Mort. Good to know they can do well with Cairns.

I love when they have their little friends. Scooter's best friend is my friend's Jerry the lab. They are always together and Scooter always looks up at him as if he's saying "we're friends right? You're my pal right?" Jerry stays with about 1 weekend a month and Scooter loves it. Jerry and his mom are our walking and hiking partners so Scooter loves Jerry. Scooter knows that when playing go straight for the feet, thats the weakest point, take them out at the feet...

Scooter even shares his kiddie pool with him, the picture I didn't get was Scooter laying next to him the pool a few seconds later.

Jerry002.jpg

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Archived