CairnTalk

Mighty Angus MacTavish

39Tudor

It is with great sadness that I must tell you of the passing of my best and loyal friend, Mighty Angus MacTavish, affectionately know to me as Mac. I brought Mac home at the tender age of 6 weeks old and raised him to 12 years old. During the past 6 months, Mac's hips began giving him trouble and after a series of X-rays by a great vet, it was determined that the cartilage in his hip joints was wearing away.

My wife and I tried to make the last six months as easy for him as possible but finally last night he was having too much difficultly standing and walking about. This afternoon at 3:30 with the help of that same great vet, Mac crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. It was one of the most difficult decisions of my life and I truly hope that I did not make him suffer needlessly this past few months.

Mac I miss you so much tonight. The house is empty and quiet without you. You brought so much joy and happiness to my family in your 12 short years. Rest in Peace my friend. I know you are gone but you will live forever in my heart.

post-2916-1187227175_thumb.jpg

With love,

Your faithful owner,

Jerry

i love your dog on first sight. thank you for sharing. you know we have all been where you are now. congratulations on giving him a great life. you will see him again.

God bless you and your family. (Actually God already did that by letting

you get to know and love Mac.)

We're all here for you...please don't be a stranger.

Mom of Many Cairns

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Sorry to hear about Mac. Sounds like you gave him a good life.

It's very difficult when you have to make a decision like you made today, but it sounds like it was the right one to make.

Antonietta

So sorry to hear about Mac, I know is not an easy decision to make.

You enjoyed him for 12 years and I'm sure he was a very happy doggy with you.

Gloria

I am so sorry for your loss. Always remember your Mac will be with you forever. You gave him a good life and lots of love. My Sandy was sick for two months, and I also feel like I hope I wasn't selfish hanging on to him while he was sick, but I needed that time with him to say goodbye.

I'm so sorry to hear of your Mac's passing. I lost my Cairn, Missy over two years ago and it still hurts. I always say that Missy lives within my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

My heart aches for you and my condolences are with you & family

OLD DOGS DO NOT DIE

We have a secret, you and I,

That no one else shall know,

For who, but I can see you lie,

Each night, in fireglow?

And who but I can reach my hand

Before we go to bed,

And feel the living warmth of you

And touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths,

And see, ahead of me,

Your large form racing with the wind,

So young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim

In every brook I pass.

And, when I call, no one but I

Can see the bending grass.

• Like 1

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

That was a really nice poem. The touching of the head reminds me of my boy as he sleeps above our heads, seems to have to have a paw on one of our heads or neck. My three are getting on in age, 13 and 2 at 11. This part of the site always brings a little mist to my eyes, Thank you. I think Angus would be very happy that you have found us here, and we know how you feel and are ready for encouraging words. You had a great friend and he awaits you over there, wagging his tale ready for the chase and play.

Edited by shergry

I know these poems are so so true. Poems have helped me cope so much when I lost my much loved Missy.

There are so many beautiful poems I have and for ever situation there seems ot be a poem that fits each case.

Brad, I am with you 110% on what you stated: I fully expect to hear and feel them both some day, when they cannot be. AMEN!

Hugs to all

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

First, I would like to say thank you to all of you who posted kind and encouraging words over the past week.

The week has been challenging for my wife. The house is now quiet all day. She was the one carrying him up and down the stairs when he went outside to do his business while I was at work. She says she still feels his presence in the house at times.

I on the other hand have buried myself in work and spent last week in Los Angeles on business. Next week I will be in Seattle. The hardest part of coming home was not having my friend waiting to greet me at the door when I arrived.

I have a picture of him on my desktop background that reminds me of just how much fun he was. Every morning when I fire up the laptop, there is Mac with that funny look of his, just the way I'll always remember him.

Guess that's all for now. Thanks again for all the kind words.

Jerry

he'll always be with you, and that's the way you want it. we can all tell you from our own experience --mac isn't going away. one of these days when your business travels settle down, mac is going to direct you to a new friend. he may surprise you!

• 3 years later...

It's been 3 long years since I had to let you go Mac.

The hurt just really never goes away does it.

Just letting you know I have not forgotten about you.

Wish you could be here now to experience grandkids.

Not sure you'd like all that attention but I sure would like you to have know them.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Jock is twelve also and I weep and my heart breaks to think what you are going through. Take comfort in your memories and as others have said, they truly never leave us . Their spirit lives on ...how could it not when you have loved something so fiercely.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

So sorry for your loss. We never forget them. My young Angus is proud to bear the name of such a loved dog as yours was.