CairnTalk

Older Cairn...

Guest PeteC

Guest PeteC

Hi,

My wife is a student and I work days. I have two boys 6 and 4. We are looking to add a Cairn to the family, but from what I read, I really wouldn't want a puppy because he/she would be alone during the day. Some days it would be 8+ hours and that is where I'm concerned. I have a neighbor that would be willing to take a peek in from time to time to make sure the dog is well if the days run that long.

I have met a couple of Cairns and I love their personality. If anyone knows of someone in the Massachusetts area that has a 1-2 year old, please let me know.

If you think I should avoid a Cairn because of our lifestyle then let me know.

Warm Regards,

Pete

pconnell@statestreet.com

:) I think an older Cairn is just what you need. I would strongly suggest you contact the Col. Potter Cairn rescue site. They have several older Cairns. They have all ages and sizes.

These are wonderful dogs who need a good home for one reason or another. I can say without any hesitation that the folks that volunteer with this organization are top notch and will bend over backward to help you and yours get a good match.

Please take a minute and go to their website, you will not be disappointed.... :wub:

Archived