CairnTalk

Brattwurst's Mole

Tracy A.

You know, we Terrier people just aren't right.... I'm sure my neighboors think i'm nuts. Steve just took the boys for a walk a few mins ago and knocks on the window- Bratt had grabbed a Mole in the front yard ( no digging required) and of course I had to grab my camera and take some pictures....in my bath robe.....in the front yard....infront of all the neighboors..... LOL

Bratt isn't sharing his catch

post-995-1185718824_thumb.jpg post-995-1185718837_thumb.jpg

This is a big Mole with big feet. It's on it's back in this photo

post-995-1185718847_thumb.jpg

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Wow, so glad we are not the only ones that get excited about our kids, making a kill. LOL No really good boy, he probably wanted to tell you: "I am only doing my job, just my job."

Please send him to Memphis. We have moles in the front and back yard, and Tink doesn't seem interested. Go figure!

Linda B.

Marmielin

It's sort of gross, but in a way you can't help but feel a little proud of Bratt! Good job buddy!

Jack's Mom

They boys are very effective Mole hunters, but they enjoy digging a big ole'hole at the slightest wiff of a Mole. I need to post some pictures of their digging spot in the back yard... it's quite something.

They boys don't try to eat the moles, I guess they give off some odor.

Yes that was a big mole, a very big mole.

Tracy, LOL...dang them are some big feet on that mole!!!! And you are right, we are just not right....How can we get our cairns' to act right if we run to get the camera after a naughty act to document it before we chastise them!! We do the same thing, but are soooo lucky we live in the middle of 80 acres and no one sees me when i run out in a tshirt and my underwear!!!!!! Hard to remember that when we're at the dinky house in FL with people 10' from me!!! LOL

Good catch Bratt!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Funny, but with all the critters that come through my back yard, a mole is one thing we've never had. Ellie is SO deprived!

Laurie

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

So Nine days ago I wrote about Brattwurst's Mole. Nine days ago I asked my husband to 'dispose of the mole' in the front yard.

Upon arrving home from work tonight I was greeted with "Better not let them get too close to you, they rolled on that dead mole"

Me "Which Mole? You mean the mole from last week, the one I asked you to dispose of ?"

Husband "Yeah, that Mole- I forgot"

His answer to stinky dogs was to spray Glade.... Yes I had Lavender decomposing Mole scented dogs when I came home from work.

Two baths later they are as good as new.

Husband on other hand :censored::censored::censored:, well we won't discuss that in polite company.

What a great story!!! Gee you now have a great movie title Revenge of the Mole. I bet your furry kids really enjoyed the mole smell and had a good time I am sure your husband was just thinking about the dogs.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Is it OK if I laugh? :lol:

Yes Everyone can laugh....

I still don't know what he was thinking spraying the dogs down with Lavendar Glade..... like that would take the Dead Mole off of them...... It just made it worse.... much worse.

Whew! Our backyard has lots of tunneling in it, but thank goodness no one has

ever wallowed yet! Eeek!

My DH will definitely be hearing about the Glade incident. :D

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

:lol: thats so funny, what a great combinations of smells :sick:

I bet they were disappointed you didn't let them keep their new perfume.

ctdogs.jpg

Oh, what little imps! WHY do dogs love to cover themselves in ghastly smells???? I can just picture the joy they experienced as they were wallowing!

Just like a man. Thinks a little spray will cover up the stinky odor. My girls are expert mole hunters. So far this summer they have killed 8 moles.

How funny! In a low moment, my husband wanted to rename Molly and Ginger "Brat" and "Wurst."

Molly and Ginger haven't gotten any moles or any of the rabbits they race after in the back yard. However, there was a dead mouse on the doorstep the other day. But my beloved Airedale Tessa, of blessed memory, came roaring up behind me on a woods walk once to whisk a ruff grouse off its perch on a stump. Another time on a leashed woods walk she jumped off the path long enough to snag a chipmunk.

As far as I know, the only thing Ellie or Black Lady have caught was a very tiny, baby Praying Mantis that I found inside my back door recently; I tried to pick it up to put it outside, but I was unsuccessful, and Ellie simply licked it up. Guess she wanted some extra protein... :huh:

Archived