CairnTalk

chrish

chrish

hello everyone, here are the pictures of Jock and CeCe as promised. Jock is a 16 year old male Cairn and CeCe is a 14 year old female Cairn. Unfortunately Jock's sister, Katie, died when she was a young puppy so that is why we have CeCe. Funnily enough we didn't get them from the same kennel however they are related in some way (I can't remember how.) Jock used to run around and do a patrol of the backyard but now he is getting old and has slowed down. CeCe is a very funny dog and sits how donkey on Shrek sits and she also gets terribly dirty. They both hate baths and CeCe sometimes drinks the bathwater whilst getting bathed! I think she has a small brain. Jock likes to drink out of the pond even though he has fresh water and one time my dad was fixing the house on a hot day and he put his drink down on the ground and Jock drank out of the glass! Jock really wants to be a human and is fascinated by humans and their activities. He loves to watch my dad and I on the treadmill and the rowing machine and he once even tried to hop on the treadmill for a run whilst it was going.

Once they both escaped from the backyard together and went on an adventure. They managed to cross a busy four lane road and a set of railway tracks before being discovered in a shopping centre. The lady who found them told the pound that if no-one collected them she would like to have them. Luckily we got them back but we sent the lady some flowers (hardly a Cairn Terrier but women like them nonetheless!)

Sadly, Jock's hearing and eyesight are failing and I am scared he will have to leave us sometime soon :crybaby:

I love both dogs (CeCe is my sisters dog but I wont hold that against her!) and nothing is better than sitting out the back with a beer on a hot day and speaking crap to them. Jock sometimes gets some beer if he is lucky.

Anyway I could talk about them both all day but I will just get on with posting the pictures.

This is CeCe:

post-2871-1185426432_thumb.jpg

This is Jock:

post-2871-1185425969_thumb.jpg

And here are both of them at Christmas time:

post-2871-1185426461_thumb.jpg

- Chris

Welcome, Chris. Great looking dogs, and you are lucky to have had them for so long. It sounds like they lead a happy and interesting life Down Under. I hope you are able to have them both with you for a lot longer. Many dogs get by with hearing & vision loss. Please keep us up on Jock & CeCe's adventures, we love to hear about far away Cairns as well as those here in the good old USA.

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Archived