CairnTalk

Looking for a breeder (in WA) and any other info that might help

margarita22

Tip: go to dog shows and meet exhibitors there. You will get to see some nice dogs (most likely) and more importantly you may get some pointers to people in the area who are serious about Cairns, and who care about the breed.

Tip: use the breeder referral page on the CTCA public site. When talking to breeders most will NOT have a puppy at the moment - don't get discouraged. Many can give you ideas about where to see or meet Cairns in your general area. ("General area" may mean within a couple hundred miles!)

Reminder: referrals to specific breeders must be made off-line (by PM or email).

Good luck!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hi! Welcome to the Cairn forum. One of our rules is that we are not allowed to refer people to a specific breeder. On the Cairn Terrier Club of America Home Page , there is a heading FIND BREEDERS. I figured that the breeder list on this club would yield reputable people. I used that to find a list of breeders. Then I called several that were fairly close to where I live. Eventually, I found a breeder and visited her. I ended up with a beautiful puppy from a very fine breeder. It takes time and patience, but it is worth it. Good luck.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :)

Marge

You will not be disappointed in your decision to get a Cairn. They are awesome! :)

Jetersmom(and Bernie's)

I posted a few days ago but for got to put where I live. We are looking for a Cairn puppy in the Washington State area.

Lots of excellent breeders in Washington. Some upcoming shows where you might meet some: Sequim (July 28-29), Lacey (August 11-12), Enumclaw (August 18-19), Redmond (August 25-26), Longview (Sep 1-2) - to name a few! Also Portland, OR (July 21-22) if that's in reach.

Edit: Merged topics to keep responses together. Added location to topic title.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived