CairnTalk

antics

wags

Welcome. Shadow is a great name.

We had an elderly neighbor who used to sit out on her porch all day and smoke, just watching the neighborhood, and frequently our dogs. One day we were outside chatting and she observed, "Those dogs sure are lot of company." That says it so well -- you sure know it when a Cairn is in your life. Thank you for giving Shadow a home where he can be a happy terrier -- enjoy the circus.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Sally, did you say cheese?? Whenever we go to the frig and we even touch the cheese keeper door, Murphy is there. Whenever, we grab the plastic bag the cheese is in, Murphy is there. Whenever we mention the word cheese, Murphy runs to the frig. This has got to be the cheesiest dog I've ever seen. We don't give him a lot of cheese maybe a 1 inch square a week, but when he thinks he's going to get some cheese, he's there. Do you think maybe he CAN read our minds??

It sure makes you wunder doesn't it???????? ;) Welcome my friends, to the

show that never ends!!!!!!!!

Cheese! Whenever Wes sees anyone eating cheese, he becomes a little angel. He runs into his pen and, if he could, would fold his hands on a desk (like kids do in elementary school to be the first to line up.)

Today he ran into the bathroom, grabbed the toilet brush, and tried to hide it in his crate. But it wouldn't fit through the door.

How funny!!! We have a cheese head as well. We have even taken to calling it puppy cheese. They both know what that means and their little mouths start twitching. Does anyone else have to spell words out so these little monkeys can't figure out what you are saying?

Logansmom, we have to spell alot- crate, hungry, food, biscuits...

It's getting so bad, we find ourselves spelling to each other instead of speaking to each other.

In the park, one guy said to us his dog understands what c-a-t spells already, so maybe the family is into morse code.

Here are some words that we have to spell around Murphy: car ride= C R

coffee & bagles = C B (sometimes if we both have the morning off, I'll go and get them from the Tim Horton's Donuts just down the street, but then Murphy has to come with me, right???) Park=P, walk= W, Jackie & Andy = J&A (my inlaws)

David & Marion=D&M (my brother-in-law and his wife) Yukon=Y (their Great Pyranese) and the list is almost endless as most of you know or will find out in the new future. I'll tell you one thing my spelling has inproved since we got the Murph!!!! But we have a lot of fun with him anyway. :P

I love these stories. My Chazz is a hoot and a half! We have an toddler dog named Misha (shepard mix) who's 10 times his size and yet their first meeting was Chazz barking at her and trying to lay down the law. My favorite moments are when Chazz and Misha play "pounce." It's the funniest thing to see a 9lbs dog "try" and wrestle a 54 lbs dog to the ground. He thinks that she's a jungle gym to climb on! Thanks so much for sharing! I have yet to experience the "stowing" of items, although it might explain why certain items are now missing... LOL

Guest Kathryn

Our Allie LOVES her balls, but she doesn't play a traditional game of fetch. It's more like "keep away." Once she gets the ball, she insists we try to get it back. If we get bored, she comes up and "bumps" us with it to start the game again.

She will fetch frisbees, though, and she'll play fetch by herself on the stairs. We woke one night to the sound of the squeaky ball bouncing down the stairs, followed by her rapid footsteps both down and up and then -- the ball bouncing down again. I guess she wasn't tired and got bored, so she played fetch by herself.

Now we keep the bedroom door closed so she can't play alone at night anymore.

Archived