CairnTalk

Ink Stain Tip

brin145

Gus has gotten hold of an ink pen TWICE this month. The first time, I was out of town and my dh and son dealt with the cleaning of the beige carpet. They worked for hours on it and the stain is not pretty. They used Bissel precleaner and our hand held spot shampoo machine. Today, Gus found one again. It 's not like we leave them lying around. I think that Gus is now just looking in higher places. Anyway, I am sitting at the computer and hear a 'snap' behind my chair. Yes, he had another pen. I had googled ink removal after that first incident and found the tips on hairspray. The ink was blue and dark. I sprayed hairspray and then dabbed steadily with paper towels. I got almost all traces up. My son says he can't even tell where the ink was. Just thought I would share this cleanup tip.

Congratulations on finding the hairspray technique! I discovered this wonderful trick when I had a mug that had been used to store pens. The bottom of the mug was all gunked up with ink, but I didn't want to throw it way because it was an antique. So I sprayed it with hairspray and let it soak.The ink came out and I was able to keep the mug in clean condition!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

I love the hairspray trick too! Also, Rubbermaid makes a carpet stain remover from their 'professional line' I found it at walmart. It will take lipstick and coffee out of carpet!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

And Gus didn't get any on him? I called our vet once when Winnie's tongue and lips turned blue and I thought she was ill...hubby's pen!

Gus is a Houdini! I learned the ink tip years ago and it came in handy MANY times. When my niece was little she got black magic marker all over her Easter dress and after a lot of scrubbing, it came off. For me, I found that the cheapest hairspray worked the best for some reason.

I've used hairspray on my clothes, but didn't know it would work on carpet.....good to know!

This reminded me of the time our dog (not a Cairn) chewed a capsule of "fake blood" at halloween. Let's just say that our carpet looked like a crime scene!

The hairspray tip is a good one, but make sure it is alcohol-based hairspray, otherwise it won't work.

A few years ago my Scottie got hold of a pen on my brand-new carpet. Fortunately, it is a Stain-master, and the ink came right up. Of course, that was when it was new. Don't know what would happen now.

Laurie

Archived