CairnTalk

Found Cairn

hallswel

What a weekend.. We live in Georgia and when we got home Saturday our neighbor told us that he had Rebel in his yard. I asked if he was sure, Rebel should be in our house in the crate and about that time this sweet little wheaten cairn came running out. Not mine but when I called her she came to me and jumped in my arms. She is so sweet and has to be homebodies baby.

She was so hungry but of course Rebel is always hungry. Rebel liked her right off but my husband

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Don't know how larger your town is? But, you might consider calling vet offices in the area. With two missing, it might be eaier to pinpoint who the owners are.

I have to wonder if someone might have just dumped them since it was on a busy highway? Or the dogs took off on the owners during a potty break while traveling?

Anyway, I have my oldest girl tagged with name, address, etc and decided to microchip the baby boy when he was being neutered. He also wears a tag ID'ing that he is microchipped along with his ID#.

I sure hope they find their way home. I can't imagine losing my two sweeties!

Good luck!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Hi! That is one sad story -- I would be searching "high and low" if those two were mine!!! Any kind of identification on your dog is a must!!! Since I am one of few Cairn owners in my area - - only three that my vet is aware of - - I am confidant should Riley ever get away from me - - that is hard when he is always leashed!! - - that I could find him. However, there is always the possibility that a loose dog could be hurt or even killed by a car, etc. etc. - - hope these dogs find good, loving homes!

We live in Metro Atlanta. I checked with vets close to me but if the owner is like me I travel a little way to a vet that I trust. I have her picture up at the gas station that she escaped from but the owner of that station said they had been around there for several days. I also have the picture up at work and several people where I work are thinking about adopting her so I know Bunny will get a good home. :D

The brindle one is with a rescue group that will take good care of her. She is going to need some special vet care

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived