CairnTalk

Hole? What hole?

mrskti

Ok, dh said "i just put them out there" and of course Ellie denied the whole thing....but the evidence is clear!!!! And Dori was very pleased with herself that she had nothing to do with it, and came over to tell me about the whole thing!!!

No need to look under toenails for evidence, it was written all over her face.....and the nervous pee spot by the hole!!!!

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Mommy, Mommy...I'm the good girl! See, no dirt in my beard!!!!

IMG_0124.jpg

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

There is no disputing the evidence...but I just love their facial expressions. It's so hard to keep from smiling/laughing/grinning.

they do keep me smiling that's for sure!!! When i went to clean her beard off with a wash cloth, you'd thought i was coming at her with a stick.....she's such a wiener!!!

I love the mud dread-lock look!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

yeah and they were mushy, we had gotten a pretty good rain last night. Guess I'll be keeping a bucket of dirt up by the house for repairs! lol I think I need a dog wash tub in the garage or one of the barns......

sheila and Misty

your pictures are adorable-and yep! nothing like that look of guilt.

I think some times -such as in your case the hole digging wasnt to chase or hunt or escape -I think it was a case of trying to eliminate the urine of something eles like deer rabbit etc from their territory than after it was all dug away remarking it with her own. I do believe thats half of the digging thing. I been observing that behavior. I could be wrong tho

the guilty face gets them everytime...... :whistle:

Thankfully, my girls have never been interested in digging

Great pictures!!

Napoleon only dug a hole once when he was about 6 months old, after that he lost interest!! he only digs on furniture now!! :lol:

well another day, two more holes!!!! THis time Dori had her paw in on it! I forgot i tied them up and was chatting with a friend only to look out the door and see Dori having at it! They are on the porch now!!! Where's my bucket o' dirt!!!!

I found that when Barney gets to excavating a hole, I go get my sharp spade and dig up a piece of sod from a remote spot in the yard. I get the garden hose out, fill the hole with water and plop the sod section into the hole, adding dirt if I need to make it level. Then I step on it and make it nice and squishy. Vwa-la! Instant dog hole fix!

I also have a problem with grass growing in my flower beds, so I get patches from there to fix Barney's "projects". Works like a charm! Now, if I can only figure out a quick fix for the brown spots!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

yep, that's exactly what i was going to do. We have LOTS of grass on hand. I was going to go to the edge of the yard by the alfalfa field, it wont even be missed. it isnt the first time i've had to do this project either!!!!

Love that look of guilt, sure can't be mad at that face though.

it isnt the first time i've had to do this project either!!!!
Bet its not the last either... :evil::D
ctdogs.jpg

The pictures are great. Just a question...as far as the alfalfa (sp?) grass goes, don't they like the smell of that? My kids like rye grass, they only get this at rare times for upset tummies, yea they up chuck some but I had heard there is a little nutrients in the grass. I just thought if you patch with alfalfa that they might like that.

they dont seem to pay any attention to the alfalfa, they mostly just hunt for critters while they roam out there. I doubt I'd plug the holes with alfalfa, chemlawn would just kill it and I dont think I could handle anything other than nice grass in the yard, i'm sort of a yard freak. lol They have never eaten any grass though.

Archived