CairnTalk

She finally joined the club

kandya

Abby was barking and digging all day yesterday and today in a certain area in our back yard. I couldn't figure out what her problem was and couldn't keep her away from it unless I locked her in the pool area. Well.... I finally figured it out. She came up to the back door with a little MOLE in her mouth. ewwww....... :sick: I yelled at my husband to come and get it and we did the naughty chase around the house until he finally caught her. She didn't want to give it up. She was so upset that he took it away from her. I don't know if she thought it was a toy or what, but we gave it a proper burial (in the trash) and Abby is just standing by the door like we kicked out her best friend. yuck...

abbyrose17lk.gifAbby Rose

Congratulations, Abby!! What a big girl you are! Now you can brag to your friends what a great hunter you are. Too bad those mean uprights had to spoil your fun, showing off your trophy is half the fun. Next time, be a little more sneaky and they won't know a thing! Keep up the good hunting, we are so proud of you!! So far this summer we only have 1 mouse, and 2 birds to our credit.

Bailey & Sophie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Abby was barking and digging all day yesterday and today in a certain area in our back yard. I couldn't figure out what her problem was and couldn't keep her away from it unless I locked her in the pool area. Well.... I finally figured it out. She came up to the back door with a little MOLE in her mouth. ewwww....... :sick: I yelled at my husband to come and get it and we did the naughty chase around the house until he finally caught her. She didn't want to give it up. She was so upset that he took it away from her. I don't know if she thought it was a toy or what, but we gave it a proper burial (in the trash) and Abby is just standing by the door like we kicked out her best friend. yuck...

I was just telling my husband, yesterday, about the little green emoticon we associate with Ewwwww situations here on the forum. Why was I telling him this? We've had a spate of "mole deliveries" from our back yard lately. Don't know why they just started doing it after many months of not doing it, but they're really into it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Tara, Mom of Mole-catchers

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

My Abigail dug up the biggest mole a few weeks ago. Did she kill it? Noooo, she just injured it so severely I had to go finish it off. My first cairn Molly was an excellent mole hunter. I used to get requests from friends and family to borrow her to help eradicate their mole problems. Who needs and exterminator when you have a cairn!

Archived