CairnTalk

Car travel Items

Hagar

:confused1: You folks were very helpful to the poster looking for a Cairn doormat. In fact, checking the links, I saw several items worth a second look when I have a little spare time to go back for a second look. Most of the items though were aimed more at the Cairn owner, than the Cairn himself. I'm looking more for items for Renny. Locally, Petco is about the only choice, and I'd like to see what else is available.

1. My new car has cloth seats, and I'd like to find some sort of slip on cover to protect the seat fabric from wet dirty paws. When we travel, it seems like every potty stop involves wet ground, mud, or snow.

2. I'd also like to find an easy to use safety belt or harness that will allow him to move freely but not far enough to try to sit in my lap when driving. In the current "Beneful" dogfood commercials, there is a brief view of a dog wearing what appears to be a harness that has straps around the dog's neck, chest, and middle, that would be close to what I think I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Hagar.

#1 - I would personally (and have done it) lined my backsteat row with a cheap fleece blanket.

#2 - I just wrote this post (seat belt restraint) earlier this week.

Also, regarding #2 - I use the VestHarness product which I saw just recently online that Petco carries. It's a great walking harness. That is also what we harness our dogs up in the car with and then use the seat belt restraint on them in the car.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

I just purchased the seat belts from the Colonel Potter Store and love them. They were very inexpensive. I also purchased the 2 lead walker and the Mars Coat Groomer. I found the pricing to be great and the products work.

Archived