CairnTalk

The look of GUILT

Teri9672

We all know this look too well :whistle:

You walk into a room and the dogs scatter. You ask "who did this?" and you get that look........

head down, ears back

I didn't need the look to know "who did it"?

79424956-litter1.jpg

87158484-litter2.jpg

how can you stay mad at this face?????

648610619-litter3.jpg

for those of you without a cairn/cat household, it's what we call digging for buried treasure in the cat box :sick:

:sick: that's a kitty litter dig???? Oh boy.... leave it to our Cairns... they will eat anything.....
Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I call it kitty litter diving. yuck! Oscar knows fresh poop has just been laid :twisted: and goes after it before we get a chance to scoop the poop.

Antonietta

We have not yet had the pleasure of this event with Barney since he stays restrained most of the time,, but our Lab enjoyed snacking in the litter box. I shudder to think of it again, but he would come up from the basement, chewing on something. His teeth would be coated with scoopable cat litter and his breath would smell like....well....a litter box.... :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

There is bar none nothing more disgusting than that.....

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Ahh. Kitty Roca....

We've given up and put the litter box on a table by itself. The cat easily leaps to the table and walks in. The dogs won't try the leap - they can see there isn't enough landing room for them. (we use a 'hooded' litter box so it looks more solid than it is.)

Kitty Cookies!!!!! LOL our golden, Murphy would come up out of the basement with one hanging out of his mouth like a cigar....gross but still funny!!! We have no cats anymore, I think I'm glad!!!!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

ewwww, ick Tabitha!!!! You're still super duper cute though!!!!! Look up the word guilt in the dictionary and I believe that is the picture you will see!! HA HA!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

We have a lot of outdoor cats in my area, and Mett & Bratt find Kitty gold in our bushes. What is it aobut Kitty Poop that is so magical to dogs?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

the box is located in our study/computer room. The french doors stay closed and the entrance door is blocked with a puppy gate. Hubby had the door open for a few minutes so Tabby had to work fast :)

Poor girl even had it up her nose when I cleaned her face <_<

LOL!! Yukkk... we have a cat also and if the girls get half a chance they are in the litter box too. At least I have never had to clean it off their nose. :sick:

Even with the "kitty treats" she looks adorable.

ctdogs.jpg

sheila and Misty

I have to say guilty ,but cute as a button! how could anyone get angry at a face like that? That photo looks like it could win a contest for sure-you should submit it somewhere. Its a ral heart tugger!

On a walk with my dog, Margie, I noticed she was eating something and without thinking stuck my finger in her mouth to scoop out whatever it was. Unfortunately, it was fresh poop and I got a finger full. Yuck!!! Of course, I had nothing to wipe my hand on so finished up the walk with a stinky hand. I really have to watch her closely as she will eat anything...palm tree seeds, a squished frog or snake in the road etc. We had a flock of Ibis in our neighborhood for a few weeks and on a walk suddenly Margie stopped and I turned around and she was slurping up a fresh spot of Ibis poop. We teased her about eating an Ibis popsicle.

LOL...what cute pictures! The first photo looks like she knows she has been caught....the second photo looks like she is thinking, maybe if I act normal, nobody will notice...and the third she is DEFINITELY thinking...the jig is up!

Really, really cute photos! Lynn, Lily & Grace

Ooops! That litter box is just too tempting. That's why ours is gated off

so Naia the kitty can get there but Olie and the Wonder Twins definitely cannot.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

LOL great pictures!!

I guess I should be glad Napoleon has no interest in the litter boxes (3) just likes to sniff the cat's butt!! Go figure!!

Those pics are great!!! Disgusting, but oh so cute! Ellie does it too, although what is worse is when you DON'T know they have been eating the kitty treats and they jump up and lick your face!!! EW

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Guilty, but adorable!

Scout loves kitty litter too, and when my DD lived at home, we had to gate off her bathroom. The cat jumped over the fence and my poor DD had to too!

Oh my goodness!!! What a fabulous picture!!!! how can anyone stay mad at that face???? how cute!!!

Hi- I have a cat and a Cairn Terrier puppy. When the cat uses the litter box it's a race to see who will get there first - me and my scooper or Krispy. If the cat is not finished the dog will stick her whole face in the enclosed litter box. If the cat exits before the dog arrives the dog will run over to the cat and sniff the appropriate area prior to going to the litter box.

I now guard the litter box to let the cat do her business before blocking the entry way with a box of kitty litter!!

My Scottie, Black Lady, is also a connoisieur of kitty poop :sick: . Ellie, my Cairn, has never indulged, to my knowledge, but that is probably because we invested in a self-cleaning litter box: a few minutes after my cat has done her business, the box automatically scoops the, er, product, into a receptacle and the lid closes. The dogs could open it, but evidently the odor is kept to a minimum, and the dogs don't bother with it.

Laurie

Archived