CairnTalk

2 dog lead...

Amber and the zoo

I am considering buying a two-dog lead and was wondering what everyone else's experience was with them. I had one when the girls were way little but they found it and chewed thru it! lol Now that they are older I was thinking about buying another one so I can try and walk them without having to constantly untangle them.

I found this one on petsmart.com

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1179928277394

Is there a better one?

Thanks in advance,

Amber :)

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

We use something more like the bottom one in this pic.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...025643&Ne=2

We have found if you get too much distance between the dogs, they will go in different directions and you need a leash that only places about a foot between them where they have to work together. If one starts off somewhere, he is tethered to the other one only a foot away. They kinda work in tandem when they are so close together. Do you need a 2 or 3 lead?

Petsmart has a 3 lead.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...025643&Ne=2

I dont remember if we got our lead at petsmart or petco, ;)

Good luck

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

I only have 2, however my best friend bought one and now they are moving to Arizona and don't think they can take him. He's only 3 months and spends most of his time here with my two, anyway. They are thinking about giving him to me and I'm up for that--although, what a responsibility!!! Cairn's are sure addictive. :) Thanks for all your info!

I have a two dog lead and it's chain not material, so they can't chew through it.

I have to say that I find it easier walking them on two normal leads because although they tie themselves up, with a two dog lead I was the one constantly being tripped up. :confused:

the 2dog leads or brace couplers are good if you're just walking from point a to point b, but they do not walk well if you are walking your dogs to get them to potty - the one that isn't doing anything won't stand still and pulls the other over.....

I bought a 2 clead coupler for Mett & Bratt, it only has about a foot of space per dog..... I only tried to use it once with them. They were jumping over eachother!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I think they deffinetly have their place, I often think I need to break down and buy one for my furkids, sometimes the leash scramble is a bit much, you know what I mean? :surrender:

I have the same problem walking Ellie and Black Lady. What a nuisance! A two lead leash sounds like a good solution. I'll have to see if my local Petco has one!

Laurie

Thanks for all the advice! I think I am still going to get one and just try it out...if it doesn't work maybe I will just ebay it :)

Trying to walk the dogs and push a stroller gets a little hard by yourself!! I got a new bike and bike trailer for my birthday last week and have given the dogs rides around town. They love it and so does Emily...plus it adds a few extra pounds for me to work off MY extra pounds! lol

I hear you about the lease scramble. I buy leashes all the time and have them in lots of places. I have their nice leashes for when we want to be dignified but I have other cheap and mismatched leashes all over.. in the closet, the basement the car, the hallway, basically every room. My two are 5 and 6 months old so it is helpful.

Barbara

Barbara, you sound like me! I have leashes all over the place too. I even keep a set in my car! I like to take them to the park, and it's easy to take them when they just need to jump in the car (that's in the garage0 and go!

Archived