CairnTalk

Mars Coat King Help

Robin

Can someone please help me determine what size Mars Coat King to get? I've searched around the forum and it looks like people use differant sizes. I do not know enough about this tool to understnad what the variuos sizes mean in terms of results. Any suggestions ???? Thanks!

dsc01076uf3.jpg

I use the 36 blade

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

We use the 12. medium-middle of the road

From groomersmall.com website

Coarse & Medium styles (6 - 12 blades)

for prep work and thinning out undercoat

Fine styles (16 - 20 blades)

for grooming soft, heavy coats

Super Fine styles (20 - 26 blades) for finishing

and thick, shaggy coats

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

Thanks for telling me what each blade size is used for....just what I was looking for. Thanks again.

dsc01076uf3.jpg

Another 16-blader here. I saw on a "Cool Tools" site that Oster makes something just like the Mars, at 18 blades. I don't have one but I might get one to keep in the vehicle. It appears from the picture to be all metal.

Oster rake

31T4MQ1fJYL._AA280_.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived