CairnTalk

Ellie, back from a long break

fiddler927

Hi, Ellie here, back from a break. Grandpa Rudy died last month :cry:. He was pretty cool, always used to give us dogs treats and tidbits from his plate, until he got sick last Christmas time and had to go to the people hospital and then to the "nursing home." I'm not quite sure what that is, but Mom and Dad took me there one time to see him; there were lots of people there, and they were all glad to see me, and I got lots of petting and love. Grandpa Rudy didn't seem too good. Anyway, they said he died last month. I sure miss him. :cry:

Mom and Dad have been so busy that we haven't had time to post, but maybe Mom will have a little more time now.

Ellie

Glad to have you back, Ellie. Tell mom and dad our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Ellie, I'm sorry to here about your grandpop Rudy. Please tell your mommy and daddy how sorry I am.

Ellie's Mom says:

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers. Life is getting back to normal here. Ellie and Black Lady are doing well, adjusting to Rudy's absence. Of course, they don't get as many treats with Rudy gone, but they are both slimming down a bit, which is just as well.

Yesterday morning we had a brief (and thankfully mild) thunderstorm. Ellie was out in the yard when the first rumble of thunder hit, and instead of cowering in abject fear, which I expected, she started running around and barking. I was proud of her. That's the first time she's responded to thunder that way. Maybe being outside made the difference. My Scottie, Black Lady, is 13 next week, and she is an old hand at thunder. Besides, her hearing isn't what it used to be, so it doesn't bother her so much anymore.

Laurie

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

~

I'm glad Ellie realized thunder isn't going to hurt her...I wonder what they think it is?

Amber

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

Ellie (and uprights),

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure that was hard on you all. Hope you're doing better and welcome back!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

My Deepest sympathy to you & your's. Glad you are back Ellie

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Amber, I've wondered the same thing. And how interesting that they look to us for protection!

Laurie

To Darcy's Folks: Yes it was hard; it was very sudden, and it even caught the nursing home staff off-guard. They had taken him his breakfast tray and left him eating; when they went back to get the tray, he had died, just like that.

But we are healing. My husband (it was his dad) took it harder than he thought he would; we had known for a few months that his dad's health was bad, and he insisted it wouldn't affect him much, but he's been surprised by the depth of feeling he's had. But we'll be okay.

Laurie

Archived