CairnTalk

New dog food?

Amber and the zoo

I was listening to talk radio the other day and they were talking about a new dog food. They are experimenting with it in Britian. Anyways, it's supposed to be so great that your dog uses everything except 10%--which comes out poo. BUT the poo comes out like rabbit "pellets". I don't know what it was called because I came in 1/2 way through...just wondering if anyone knew what this was? Strange...

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

sheila and Misty

havent heard of it but yeah..very odd to me..sounds too experimental yet I wouldnt touch it. what would be left for me to eat??...hope sheila doesnt find out.

:P I haven't heard of that one yet either, but it reminded me of my daughter's dog some years ago. They came for a visit and my daughter made quite a big thing about how her dog was on a "low residue" dog food which was suppose to result in "less poop".

As near as I could tell from my yard, the piles did seem to be relatively small for the size of the dog. However there sure were a lot of em! Apparently the dog did go less each time, but went a lot more often.

Also, if they are supposed to resemble rabbit "pellets", I'd think trying to pick up after your dog could get interesting, if not downright frustrating.

Hagar..

I was listening to talk radio the other day and they were talking about a new dog food. They are experimenting with it in Britian. Anyways, it's supposed to be so great that your dog uses everything except 10%--which comes out poo. BUT the poo comes out like rabbit "pellets". I don't know what it was called because I came in 1/2 way through...just wondering if anyone knew what this was? Strange...

Hmmm. I think you missed the part of the program where the commentators mentioned it was a joke.

I'm in the U.K. and never heard of this experimental dog food. Although if it was for real I would like to volunteer a couple of the larger dogs in my area to try the stuff. I would really like to see a Great Dane poop "rabbit pellets." :lol:

Seriously though, a food that literally caused a dog to poop only rabbit-sized pellets would never make it to the market. It would cause health problems, especially at the tail end of the digestive track (pun intended).

I thought it was a joke too, but it really wasn't! You are totally right about trying to pick up those "pellets"...couldn't be easy...lol.

Yup, I can see it now. Using tweezers to get things from the ground to the plastic baggie! At night with a flashlight in my mouth would be even more fun. I think I'll pass on this one if it makes it to the market.

Hagar.

We feed a variety of foods and some of them end up rather small and almost pellet-like on the output stage (due to high absorbtion or nutrient availability, and lack of filler I suppose). But I would say more on the order of filbert sized rather than rabbit pellets, though. :P

nut_hazelnut.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks, Brad!! That gave me a good laugh!!! We have never experienced filberts here. More like "Little Smokies"!

Sweet_N_Tangy_Little_Links.jpg Little Smokies

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

:offtopic: I just have to tell this story. Our friends had a dog who just kept pooping on the floor and they couldn't break the habit. They told their daughter that if he did it one more time, he would have to go to the ARL. Well, they noticed during the next few days that there were no accidents until--unbeknownst to their daughter--they saw her picking up the poop and putting it in the toilet. They decided to play a trick on her. The dad rolled up chocolate brownies and tootsie rolls so they looked, well...you get the point...and put them on the floor. As their daughter walked into the room they said..."Elisabeth, I told you one more accident and he was gone! (liz was crying by this point thinking her dog was a gonner) I'm so ticked off, I'm just gonna, I'm just GONNA...(then he picked up one of the "poos" and ate it." Lol...after their daughter nearly fainted they let her in on the joke. Hilarious. Sorry...all your foody-poo talk reminded me...lol

PS, they did finally get the pup trained, too :)

Mary and Brad -

Thank you for the good laugh! As a former IL resident and a current OR resident, I learned about each of those unique little foods upon moving to your respective states:) My (midwestern born and bred) DH thinks I'm nuts never to have tried a lil smoky before I moved to Chicago!

Archived